HybridZ

Finally Painted!

speeder

Sig Pics changed - note the 18X10 Saleen replica wheels with Toyo RA1s. Probably needs the coileovers cranked down some more, but that's my ground clearance stance.

I do plan on headlight covers.

The rear spoiler is Paulo's, much reworked. It was the second one I got from him - the first was very rippley, the second one was straight but very thin and fragile. It cracked along the rear edge just from normal handling. I reinforced the rear edge with resin inside, shot it full of foam, and then laid 3 coats of glass cloth for strength. Lots of work, but this is the only spoiler I found that looks good with the body lines. As to how well it works - that is yet to be determined.

Rick, I'm going to say I actually liked your previous fender flares better :(

Raff

Then you would have been one of those people staring in disbelief when I took a grinder and cut off the old rear flares a year ago. I must admit that I questioned my own judgement at that point, but am personally very pleased with these results, both visually and functionally.

The rear wheelwells of the YZ quarters are built to accommodate up to 335 section width tires on 13" rims, which will be needed when the new engine is installed. Looking at the old body, note how the rear (285s) wheels/tires stuck out in comparison to the 315s on there now. The old flares only added about 2" to the overall wheelwell width.

Although the Buick motor will have dry sump oiling and sit low in the chassis, I think that the hood cowl will be needed to clear a rather tall intake. The hood side vents were added to improve cooling.