HybridZ

besides the zcar, what else eats up time

JIM73240Z

i know that a bunch of you are in

A. school

B. work 40-50 hrs a week.

C. have wife and or kids

D. any of the above

besides that, what else eats away from your garage time?

heres mine

just finished with all of the custom cabinets and light fixtures. i hate doing drywall. several different colors of paint to try to please the old lady.

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

my pond out in the front yard.

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

jimbo:wc:

Beautiful kitchen...wow....I am very impressed! Kudos...

My 5 cars (three Datsuns, one 911 Turbo and a Mazda 323 Turbo), my old house (I hate drywall too!) that I am fixing up one project at a time and spending with my sweet girlfriend plus working 50-55hours per week.

Last house project...from:

276969946.jpg

276969947.jpg

To:

276969959.jpg

276969955.jpg

276969967.jpg

276969981.jpg

Yasin

I like the lights in the stairs... cool.. All the other pics above are nice looking also !

Same busy work here too

The day job, the powder coating, the wagon project, trying to finish my girls playroom..I have way too much on my plate.

I have a 12x20' hole you could park a car in..inside the circle of my driveway that will eventually become a Koi pond... its on the back burner at the moment..hole.png

I work on a gov't project 40 hours per week, and then run my company during the afternoon/evening hours... I get to work by about 630 and leave by 3PM most days, get home, and then it's on the phone or the pc, or driving into our new office in town. With 14 employees (And more on the way) and five contracts to staff work on, it's a great gig, but extremely busy at times. Fortunately we only pay once per month, as payroll runs about $130,000 per month!! If we did it weekly, I'd have to hire a fulltime book keeper, instead of paying a service to help process it!

When I'm not doing that "stuff", I'm working on building my dream garage, or playing with my dirtbikes, or going to track events... Or hosting cookouts for friends and family...

Mike

Typicaly helpin out friends with their cars. I have a 92' eclipse GS turbo drag car project in my garage workin on for a buddy of mine. Hauled a CRX last night for some cash, and going to haul another 92' eclipse shell today. Building engines, doing custom A/V work in cars. Trying to find the time to spend with the ol' lady and the dog. Oh yea and Im in the middle of building a forced air waste oil heater. Among other things!!!

Kudos to Jim on remodeling the kitchen. When I lived in CA, I did something similar, although not as large. That, and two bathrooms, crown molding, etc, etc. That took too many years (haha!) and now I have a newer house that only needs some paint, but has a 0.5 acre lot that I have to mow :mad:

Kids, kids, wife, kids, in-law's house, kids, not to mention a job that I have been working 12 to 13 hours per day lately *ugh*.

There isn't a lot of "me" time in the equation (read: "car time"). Still, I don't know if I would have chosen a different route for my life...maybe an income of $1M+ would have been be nice ;) but that's about it.

Kudos to Yasin for the stair railing--you just inspired me to do the same to mine! I have EXACTLY the same railing, etc. The wrought iron uprights look awesome. Hmmm, next house project :mrgreen:

Davy

the living room is next. i just ordered a new front door. i should say the old lady ordered it. paint and windows, flooring and then i get to finish it off with a plasma, if money allows. several months ago, i get a phone call from my wife and to me it said that she filled out paper work for a $25,000 loan. i thought whatever. about a week later i get a wierd call from a realator(sp) about a house i put an offer on.:shock::hs::eek2:. wthf. call the wife. "oh yeah, we just bought another house. it will be for a rental for extra income." ???????? when was i going to be informed. i guess i did not hear the extra 0 in the loan amount. dam it. so for the past month, we have been over fixing the place. whoever invented wall paper needs to be shot. removing that crap SUCKS. then you have to retexture the wall so that the glue wont show through.:mad:

if i can get the car off of the rotisserie and onto jack stands with the suspension on today, i will be happy.:mparty: good luck with everyones side projects / honey do lists.

jimbo

Besides the fulltime job and 2 daughters I like to entertain myself with other garage projects. I learned to weld replacing the floors on the Z and it kinda branched out into other stuff. Here's a couple of the larger projects, the eagle I got hundreds of hours into

eagle_front_070207.JPG

This I built a few years ago:

wire_z_sept_06_002.jpg

There's a bunch of smaller projects but I won't bore you with those. I just accepted a new job (time to get off the road) and it will mean a move 1 hour up the road....looks like packing up the house and garage will be a project for the next few months.

Full time engineering job.

Full time dad

Full time three car fleet maintanence.

Full time home owner/builder/landscaper/gardener.

Home networking/theater and admin/gaming/media center.

Model RC cars and planes.

Home bookeeping/bills payment/finances.

and on and on and on....

It's endless.

This thread could not have come at a better time !!!

Just like most here with work, wife, kids, dogs and helping my parents relocate here to Georgia. From January of this year to July, me and my dad worked on the Z every Saturday from 9 am to 3 to 4 in the afternoon. So, my son has been asking me and wife to let him play tackle football for 2 years !!! My wife signed him up without my final O.K. !!! Also the daughter was signed up for cheerleading !!!! So Monday, Tuesday and Thursday after work I am at the field to 9:30 at night. The games are on SATURDAY !!! I have to be at the field two hours before the game for "official weigh in". Don't get me wrong I love football, I was a middle linebacker stud from Pop-warner all the way to high school, and one blow to my neck ended my opportunity to play college ball. My son is not the next Lawrence Taylor, he has the body to play football, but he is only playing because his friends from school are playing, and for me that is not enough. But, I am being supportive, so I can not wait for the season to be over so I can get back in the garage.

Guest da-man (is not!)

I work 40-50 hrs per week.

I spend another 6 hrs/wk volunteering at soup kitchens or similar.

I work on the house, and the backyard alot.

I have 4 kids, 8-18 yrs old who get the rest of the time.

Which is why the car still sits on stands in the garage, and the motorcycles are all gone now.