HybridZ

200 MPH + 240z on ebay!

JSM

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows maybe these eBay cars are going to change the value of our cars. Probably not as high as these guys are asking but it might raise it just a little.

Candy apple red 240z-$45,000.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Datsun-240z-Candy-Apple-Red-show-car_W0QQitemZ160164078438QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All Original 260z- $46,500.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-datsun-260-z-show-room-new-19-000-miles-240z-280z_W0QQitemZ290171677073QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

200mph (haha) 280z - $32,000.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200-mph-V-8-240Z_W0QQitemZ270176875146QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or maybe they are all just idiots. who knows.

If it really has that much power I think it might get closer than you guys think. Might not be the most stable car at those speeds, but basically you just have to have enough power to push through the air to hit a given speed...

I wouldn't want to go that fast in it, but it looks like a nice car. $32k is a joke, as are the other asking prices.

In the only under-car picture he gives, if you look closely, you can see that he is still using stock half shafts.....Makes me seriously question either (a) the horsepower number he gives, or (B) the reliability of the car putting down that much horsepower.

Edit: Granted, I know some 7m guys using halfshafts over 500hp/550tq, but those are big turbo engines that aren't twisting everything to death right off the line.

aziza that all original car is a 260, not a 240

however, it only has 19k on it, and is probably 99.999% original. I ALMOST think it's worth that much, but who knows.

but, 200mph in the one in the op. haha, yeah right. maybe with the front wheels 2 feet in the air like a fighter landing his plane!

strotter, it's a 302 stroked to a 347

i wanna see some numbers though. maybe it'll do 200 on a rolling dyno, but on the road, doubted.

Nice car...but not $32k nice. Definitely not with those door panels and the off-kilter exhaust, cracked dash...

$8500 on the motor and $7500 in the rest of the drivetrain. As someone else pointed out, he's still running stock halfshafts? Sounds as if he paid WAY too much for that T-56.

The body's very nice, the seats are nice, wheels are nice, the motor - if it actually makes that much power - is very nice. I'd drive it, I'd drive the wheels off of it. NO way I'd attempt to verify that 200 mph claim without a wing, VGs, splitter, airdam bracing and a radiator duct, however!

...more wishful thinking from an ambitious eBay seller. Not the first time I've seen it. Who knows, might be a lurker here.

• Administrators

Title:

200 + mph V-8 240Z

Vehicle Description

I have here a series 1 1971 240z with way to may add on’s to list. To tell just a little about it I have designed and made a ford v-8 conversion with a t-56 viper tranny backing the 302 stroker (347cid). The car has over 550hp and has a listing of over $8500.00 in parts just in the engine alone, over $16,000 in just the drivetrain. The cars current weight is 2580 and have the weight slip to prove it. The car is currently running 110-115 mph in the 8th mile, can prove everything that has been done to the car and how it runs. I do not even know were to begin to explain car it is ridiculously fast and comfortable and just installed a vintage ac that blows ice cold air. I will let the pics do the rest of the talking. Oh I have all the origional parts for the car as well and a ton of parts that come with the car. Only serious inquiries please, if you have any questions you can contact me (Adam Pettis) on my cell (850)340-1999, calling me will be the quickest way to get a response.

:lmao: :lmao: Says he can "prove how the car runs…" :lmao::lmao: Ok, lets see the time slip with at least the 110 MPH trap? Possible yes, but after looking that car over, NO!!! Those 1/8 mile traps puts him at mid to low ‘9’s in the ¼ and guys running these sort of times are generally more dedicated drag cars, and the small blocks among them are running some sort of power adder, not just a low rise N/A single carb set up.

Why the huge spread in 1/8 mile traps? (because he is full of dung...) This is a very nice looking V-8 street car and probably is making respectable power and most likely runs pretty hard. So why exaggerate with such inflated performance? C'mon, 200 MPH?!?!?

Please tell me that tool is not a member here?

The body's very nice, the seats are nice, wheels are nice, the motor - if it actually makes that much power - is very nice. I'd drive it, I'd drive the wheels off of it. NO way I'd attempt to verify that 200 mph claim without a wing, VGs, splitter, airdam bracing and a radiator duct, however!

Even then, no.

Isn't TonyD's salt flats car hitting the aerodynamic wall at 174.something or other? I know he's kind of limited with what can be done power wise, but...

Those are some powerful looking power seats they've got there...and that car's most likely had some interesting rust repair (the area above the tail light panel looks an awful lot like mine, and I know exactly how bad one needs to repair that area to get it to look like that...)