HybridZ

anyone live near burnsville, nc? need a possible favor

1 tuff z

i've been emailing back and forth with an ebay seller working on purchasing a large box of small metal z part, to add to my plated inventory. funny thing, the guy is no longer on ebay, wants me to send a money order [no paypal] and i'm a bit pensive to send payment to someone i have not done business with before. wondered if anyone here lives close to this guy and could possibly help me. his basic info; Burnsville, NC 28714

if i can work this deal, ideally i'd have a 3d party deliver payment in exchange for the 'goods'. i'm willing to pay for your time/effort, either in $ or nice zinc plated parts.

thanks in advance if anyone could help.

About an hour from my place. Will do it at cost of fuel.

i've been emailing back and forth with an ebay seller working on purchasing a large box of small metal z part, to add to my plated inventory. funny thing, the guy is no longer on ebay, wants me to send a money order [no paypal] and i'm a bit pensive to send payment to someone i have not done business with before. wondered if anyone here lives close to this guy and could possibly help me. his basic info; Burnsville, NC 28714

if i can work this deal, ideally i'd have a 3d party deliver payment in exchange for the 'goods'. i'm willing to pay for your time/effort, either in $ or nice zinc plated parts.

thanks in advance if anyone could help.

• 3 weeks later...

thought paypal would be safe, sent payment and have not from this jackoff since 11.16.07. phone disconnected, no other number listed with 411. last 2 emails he had made up some excuses as to why he hadn't sent my parts yet. call me trusting, gullible and stupid...

anyway, here's his info-so no one else falls victim.

greg gurley

124 charter way #13

Burnsville

N,C 28714

1-828-675-9850

gregs-got-it@hotmail.com [also similar to his ebay user id]

filed a case with paypal to get $ back but not holding my breath.

buyer beware...

I see nothing in Burnsville, NC even resembling a Charter Way. I think you got a bum address as well.

EDIT: Nothing on a Greg or Gregory Gurley in NC either. There is one in TN and one in Missouri, but that one is a Vice President of Huttig Building Supplies...From 2001-2007 though he's been the VP of several departments with Therma-Tru and just in 2007 became the VP of Huttig Building Prod. That's a lot of VP positions though...Odd.

• 4 months later...

It took me like...8 MONTHS to get back my money from some idiot, but it was a paypal transaction and not through ebay.

the guy said that he put the wrong zip, then he said he sent it, I asked for a tracking number but he said he "lost" the number. Then I called my dads place since I moved and he said no package had EVER been shipped to his house.

go figure hah.

It took me like...8 MONTHS to get back my money from some idiot, but it was a paypal transaction and not through ebay.

the guy said that he put the wrong zip, then he said he sent it, I asked for a tracking number but he said he "lost" the number. Then I called my dads place since I moved and he said no package had EVER been shipped to his house.

go figure hah.

Who beat you out of your $? Jim Edwards or this jacket-off?

If you got burned by Edwards, people will be happy to help as he has burned a lot of Zcar.com guys. Even dimequarterly has a page devoted to this ***-****!

If I were J.E. I would stay inside with my doors locked! :icon13:

Burnsville is a nice place to ride a road bike though!