HybridZ

BioShock players? Made a big daddy costume for my roomate...

veritech-z

Bioshock is the only game we have for our 360...it's by far the best game I've played in a LONG time. Phil, I started it on Monday, finished it pretty much right before we left for the party on Saturday night (I'm actually WAY behind now in my art class, but I'll make it up...plus my instructor was super impressed with it-I just don't know if he realizes I was the one that made it). The director of my school was throwing the party, he used to be the COO of EA's Tiburon studio here in Orlando before he started this master's program with UCF. I'm the fourth class that's ever gone through it, so this was a party for the first 100 students (we're not actually at 100 yet, but it's in the high 90's). There was a pretty good representation of game related costumes. This one chick got a SWAT team surplus body armor and some Umbrella corp. patches, and was a shock trooper from Resident Evil. Also, a bunch of guys from my class dressed up as the characters from Team Fortress 2, which shipped out in the Orange Box like 3 weeks ago. Kind of a lame idea in my opinion, but they did a pretty good job of making the various costumes. Also, there was an awesome showing of GI Joe characters, from Zartan to Destro. One of my instructors came as Mario and his wife was Princess Peach. It was a pretty fun time.

Also in the costume we had an Ipod full of ripped Big Daddy sounds blaring through some portable speakers. It went over really well. We're planning to send it in to 2k via www.cultofrapture.com to see what they think (maybe it will help when it comes time to start looking for internships/jobs, but probably not...). It consists of about 60' of .5" conduit, about 30' X 14" of aluminum flashing, 300 or so rivets, 8 sprinkler drains with clear coasters glued to the outside, some PVC flanges, two galvanized 2" to 1.5" reducers for the nose things, and a small cordless screwdriver stuck through a wooden circle to make the drill spin. Also some 1/4" copper tubing. It probably weighs in somewhere around 30lbs or so. Wearable, but really hot. I think we're going to try and get him into some costume contests around town in the next few days to try and recoup some of the costs, hopefully we won't lose to the girl in the least amount of costume...