HybridZ

How rare?

Ladouceur

If it's in good shape it could be worth a decent chunk of change, but with that kind of mileage and considering your locale I wouldn't expect it to be too great. Usually the anniversary editions are only worth a considerable amount of money if they're low mileage, well kept and original.

Here's someone who's on some serious medication selling one on EBAY for $25,000. You would think for that price, it woud still have the original steering wheel...

There were 500 red / black 10th anniversary editions manufactured.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-280ZX-1980-DATSUN-10TH-ANNIVERSARY-280ZX-BLACK-RED-8291-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6187QQihZ006QQitemZ160184279576QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

According to the ad he has the original steering wheel along with most other parts short of the tires and battery. Still don't think it is worth that much right now, but who's to say it won't be worth much more in a few years. There is no duplicating an original low mileage car.

Greg Kring

71 240ZT

Here's someone who's on some serious medication selling one on EBAY for $25,000. You would think for that price, it woud still have the original steering wheel...

There were 500 red / black 10th anniversary editions manufactured.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-280ZX-1980-DATSUN-10TH-ANNIVERSARY-280ZX-BLACK-RED-8291-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6187QQihZ006QQitemZ160184279576QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If it's in good shape it could be worth a decent chunk of change, but with that kind of mileage and considering your locale I wouldn't expect it to be too great. Usually the anniversary editions are only worth a considerable amount of money if they're low mileage, well kept and original.
so if theyre in bad condition, theyre not really worth anything? ive got a black/gold 10th anniversary 280zx in bad condition that id like to get rid of, but didnt know if it was worthy of being sold as anything but a parts car. someone could probably fix it they really wanted to, but its pretty rusty...

I sold a black/red 10th anniversary car 6 years ago for $3500. it wasnt a creampuff, but it wasnt in bad shape either. worht picking up just because its one of the rarest Z cars ever made with only 500 black/red ones being produced.

hmmm, if it was really really clean and well kept it might be worth it, but if you're looking for anything other than an investment I'd skip it. It's the rarest color options (i've never seen it in person, and I see an aniversary 280ZX at least several times a month around here), so as soon as you start modifying it you're gonna devalue it.

I guess it's nice for the novelty factor, but I'd puposely avoid them myself as I'm the kinda guy that's looking to heavily modify a vehicle, and there's no point in doing that to a collectable car that'll be worth something someday.

And with the way Z prices have been going, the day that those cars are wortha pretty penny should be within most of our's lifetime.