HybridZ

Seat Experiance

Guest Jconnellr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.houston240sx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25067

600/pair I'm in houston so shipping is free lol. I found the 500/pair on ebay or a honda forum, I can't remember which. That was a couple weeks when I came across these.

I'm not as tall as some of you but 6'1 can still be tight in the Z. My friend mounted his rails on an angle so the farther you go back the lower the seat goes. Ingenious idea, solves the problem of the wife driving too. she's 5'4

-Ed

btw... these are approved for racing. They are working on basically DOT approval, forgot what the rating it called but that's the equivalent.

The layback ones look VERY interesting. I will not buy a seat that I cannot try on for size. I also don't want a set that someone over 100lbs won't fit into LOL. I have some plus size buddies!

Evan

i'm about 185 at 6'1 and the seat is a nice fit. however it is snug, like a racing seat. Fit very similar to my friend mom seat. But his seat is such a B*tch to get out of.

The smashed head thing is more referring to trying to run a full cage on the street, without a proper harness and helmet.

The problem with trying to use a 4 or 5 point harness on the street with that they are extremely restrictive to the point that they are really impractical. They don't retract, so if, for instance, you forget to close the door before cinching them down, you won't be able to reach the door handle to close it. Forget about tuning the radio, possibly even rolling down the window. If you leave them loose enough to be able to do these things, then they won't be doing you any good safety wise.

They would be a giant pain in the ass on the street and are really only meant for track use, where the only thing you are doing is driving as fast as possible.

I don't suppose a bored thread-goer with a tape measure could measure from the lowest point (butt) up to the ceiling about where a head would go could they? I'm very curious if I could even fit in these cars. :frown:

How tall are you and whats your inseam? I am not exactly short.

Evan

BTW, I was concerned about 240sx fitment because there is less space to mount seat low.

Lol yeah. I usually don't have too much of a problem with most car's unless they have a sunroof. I did have a bit of a problem in a MR2 spyder though, lol. I'll just have to sit in one and see. I might have to modify the driver side to have a recessed area for seat rails or something. Good to know the legroom will be fine, that was a concern. Thanks!

http://www.365motorwerks.com/browseproducts/F1Spec-Type-3-Racing-Seat.HTML

^250/piece 500/pair 100 shipping

600 for 2 seats to your door :-)

Q: Are they FIA Approved?

A: They are in the processes of gaining FIA approval.

Q: How much do the seats weigh?

A: Around 12lbs.

Q: How well will I fit in the seat?

A: The Type 1 & 2 seats will accomodate up to a 40" waist, where the Type 3 will fit up to a 34" waist size.

Price: $250.00

There ya go guys.

Lol yeah. I usually don't have too much of a problem with most car's unless they have a sunroof. I did have a bit of a problem in a MR2 spyder though, lol. I'll just have to sit in one and see. I might have to modify the driver side to have a recessed area for seat rails or something. Good to know the legroom will be fine, that was a concern. Thanks!

If we have time on Friday I'll let you have a seat in the Scarab. It's outfitted with Recaros that sit pretty much in the same location as a stock seat.

David

Guest znow white

i personally wouldnt go with those kind of seats they look good in pics but typical immitation stuff but if fitment is easy and you see the item before you buy them and material go ahead> I had couple of buddies order seats from internet and they looked nice in pics but when they came in the upholstrey looked like shEat lol

IMHO thers 2 kinds of looks that look good and fit in s30. The boxy skinny recaro sporty looking 91 Si hatchback seats are nice they have a recaro old school look (i think they are) re upholsterd in black grey leathor damn that looks mad sexy thinking about it. i think those kind of seats are also in some old vws and plenty of othes

2 other nice car seats that can give support and fit nice are miata seats rx-7 those have the same curved look and transition well into s30

I went with rsx seats I always liked the they have the same look as the ones you posted, I ended up finding a set on a local website and jumped on them got side air bags ++ on safety running 4 point belts didnt bother transition non retractable early 240z seat belts there also heated but im not running that. The fitment was a PITA they sat too high with no head room so i took of the rails it gaved me about 3-4 inches that was a PITA too grinding away 3 disc 5"discs. oh ya here was the real pain the rail configurations were different so i had to do mount each one completely different. However they look real nice and was worth it in the end.

Good call using the RSX seats, I am leaning twoard an OEM type solution because they tend to be a bit cheaper and the quality is there.

Those seats must be heavy with all the side airbag stuff still in them! I would be hooking up the heaters here in WI!

BTW, the fit and finish on the DAD seats is actually pretty nice. Its just a safety thing for me.

Evan

I guess I'll post this here as well.

I just recieved a OMP ECO seat (paided about 300 for it). I bought it because it was the most narrow at the "wings" compared to the other seats from Momo (start) and Sparco (sprint). The ECO was supposed to be 19.7 wide, BUT when I recieved it, it measured 21.25" makeing it wider than the other seats i was considering. Anyone else have experience with this seat or the Momo start seat or the Sparco sprint seat? I want to get the most narrow race seat I can to avoid hitting the doors and also to avoid that love seat look in the car...

I guess I'll post this here as well.

I just recieved a OMP ECO seat (paided about 300 for it). I bought it because it was the most narrow at the "wings" compared to the other seats from Momo (start) and Sparco (sprint). The ECO was supposed to be 19.7 wide, BUT when I recieved it, it measured 21.25" makeing it wider than the other seats i was considering. Anyone else have experience with this seat or the Momo start seat or the Sparco sprint seat? I want to get the most narrow race seat I can to avoid hitting the doors and also to avoid that love seat look in the car...

I have the MOMO Cup GT seat in my Z, it measures 23" across the wings and does not hit my door at all. One thing about my mounting that may be different from the rest of you is that my seats are hard mounted into the car with no sliders. Fortunately there is a store that is local to me that has most of the popular race and after market seats in it with at least one of each seat in stock on display for you to sit in. I was able to sit in most every seat I have seen people talk about on HybridZ and I was planning on buying the MOMO Start seat, after sitting in dozens of seats I chose the MOMO Cup GT seats as the most comfortable (for the price) and the fact that they are FIA certified and have removable cushions for easy cleaning or replacement.

Here's a quick shot of them.

P1010001-4.jpg

Dragonfy

the momo seats posted above are the exact seats my friend has in his 240sx. Very nice fitment grips you nice and tight and has some thigh support too. I would recomend a removable steering wheel though for a frequent driver... they are hard to get out of in his car with the big OEM steering wheel.