HybridZ

Imsa Flares Where Are You??

rahail240

Hi Guys.after Some Research Through Archives I've Realised Purchasing Anything From Showcase Body Parts Is A Suicide Mission.i Really Like The Imsa Flares In This Picture On Showcase's Website.does Anyone Know A Good Reliable Source For These.i'de Appreciate Some Help.over In England There Not Really Into This Look.thanks Guys.

Z-70-78-IMSAglassflares-120-30lbs_thumb.jpg

I tried searching Google for a bit, but came up with nothing. Motorsport Auto

doesn't have them anymore and niether does Black Dragon Automotive. Only

thing I found were some old for-sale-listings on HybridZ and alike. Seems the

most likely place to get them would be making a mold off someone elses flares

and then making your own. Hope someone else is wiser and know where to get

hold of them without the fuzz of showcars/parts. Good luck!

Here are two free forum tips real quick by the way... : )

1) Don't start every word with a capital letter. It takes a whole lot more time to read.

2) Insert a space after the punctiuation mark if you're starting a new sentence. Speeds up reading as well.

They pop up on eBay from time to time...A set was there a couple of weeks ago; they went for around $300.00. I have these on my car and I like the look, but they are a lot of work to install. Before you ask where I got them, I have had them on the car since 1980 or so; then you could buy them from the "Datsun" parts counter.

The flares in the picture are from the Motorsport Auto catalog in California (previous years catalog). I do not think they have those flares anymore. As stated, they do pop up on ebay from time to time. Those flares were called IMSA flares by MSA, but they are not true IMSA flares. The only flares that look similar (not the same) are the steel flares sold by Black Dragon Auto, previously known as Victoria British. Also, it has been "tossed around " that the Victoria British (Black Dragon )flares are modified Volkswagon Beetle fenders. I do not know if this is true or not.

By the way Showcars stole that photo from the Motorsport Auto Catalog.

try these guys.... http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z.html they have IMSA flares listed on their web site.

I'm at a loss for words, after all the negative feedback posts we've had about this vendor, anyone on this site would still link this site as a source for any part..... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113366

LARRY

showcars does not have the imsa flares.

i went there and bought a shitty set of flares from him that weren't even the same.

they are definately not imsa flares, but they'll be ok for using as a base to design my own flares. at least I have something sturdy to put some 'glass onto.

They pop up on eBay from time to time...A set was there a couple of weeks ago; they went for around $300.00. I have these on my car and I like the look, but they are a lot of work to install. Before you ask where I got them, I have had them on the car since 1980 or so; then you could buy them from the "Datsun" parts counter.

that would mean there's a part number associated with them... maybe i should check Vintage FAST and see if i can dig one up, and then call my nissan dealership to see if they can do a world-search. :-)

You can try that, but I did not come mean to say they came from Nissan, only that the local dealer carried them. As I recall, they were hanging on the back wall of the parts counter. If you could find a parts guy that was around back then, you might be able to find out who made them. I don't remember...but I am pretty sure it was not Nissan.

I have my fenders off and will look on the inside and see if I can find any part number. Seems there was something molded in, but that was 20+ years and several beers ago.

There was an 'IMSA' kit in the old competition parts catalog, with the typical 99996/ Nissan Part Number for externally produced parts the Competition Department was reselling. If you can find those in the FAST program, they may show up. I thought I had a scan of that page of the catalog, but I can't find it right now. Damn, I got to sort my files!

hey guy i went by show car about a month ago,he does have the molds for quater 3" imsa flares and a 4' inch flares.the only thing his molds are out side,so you never know what you are geting.I bought the 3" quaters from him but one side had a bit of dip so you would have to fill it,and it is better if you know a person who live in toronto so they could always check up on him,so there is no delay on your order because it seem sometimes he is not all there.

I have been looking at these thinking that they might work....but without my car next to a Miata I can't really tell.. My main concern was the arch of our wheel wells versus the things that are out today......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NB-Mazda-Miata-Fiberglass-Fender-Flares-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ300185828656QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem