HybridZ

70 MPH Freeway burnouts

ARZ_

7MGTE Garret T4 60-1 24x12x4 inch intercooler, 3 inch plumbing, forged pistons, and rods, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum flywheel, 3.70 LSD, AZC Suspension and brakes, 17x9 rear wheels with 275/40/17 Kumho ECASTA V700's the sticky ones.

I forgot I changed my alias and still need to ask a mod to see if he can merge my identity's for me.

Heres the same car http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101234&highlight=7mgte

Guest 280ZForce
Andy/2fidyz??????????????????

Yeah thats him...2fiddyz

Very nice swap and power.. gotta love to be abe to slide around at that speed, probably kinda scary at 1st.

Yea, I have been behind that car for hundreds of miles, haha. Yea its fast, I can attest to that. What is the torque andy? I am curious as we made about the same amount of horsepower, nearly exactly the same, but I have 6lbs less boost, so I am wondering how much more torque you have then me.

Yea Brian I still cant believe how much power you put down at 17 psi.

edit: I found the dyno sheet.

Clifton: I was slow at posting, I found the graph with rpm, here it is. The run that showed 487 hp run the tach lead fell off so they went by mph.

07dyno-w-torque.jpg

that looks and sounds great, but that doesn't look like 70mph.

granted it could probably do it at an even higher speed, but that doesn't look right.

Well it is 3rd gear and 3rd goes from whatever to about 95mph in my car, so by the time the tires stop spinning im bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd at 95 or so.

You can ask all the motorcycles and C6 Zo6's, and Vipers I run away from, if its fast. We have several videos where we looked at the speedo in the chase car and it says 70mph then I leave big black marks all the way to the top of 3rd gear. Video never does "real life" justice.

It really is a handful I dont really watch the speedo at all.

Yea about 75 more foot lbs of torque then my motor did. We shall see, as when the new cams and turbos go in this week. Should make 600 rwhp on 17 psi now, atleast thats what Im hoping for, but The torque will still be pretty low even at that number I bet.

I still havent got to ride in your car, although I have in cliftons a few times. It looks like, and clifton says also that your car makes a bit more power given the same boost levels, although, he hasnt really dynoed his with the new motor.

I say we all go back to the dyno at the end of January, when it is still cool, and see what sort of numbers we can lay down. Then we can REALLY make those late gen camaro guys look dumb with there 330 rwhp, even though they sound about ten times as mean as our "little motors" haha.

ha!, thought that car looked familiar. shouldve known i guess. and here i was all excited thinking there was another 7m z on the board. well... get more VIDS!! and hey, if you can work it, try to get speedometer run from say top of second to mid 4th. that was my fave place to run even on the .57 ct.

that looks and sounds great, but that doesn't look like 70mph.

granted it could probably do it at an even higher speed, but that doesn't look right.

The long shot one wasn't 70 as we just got back on the freeway and I don't know exactly how fast we were going in the others posted but he has one vid that I got on tape that I showed the speedo right before he did it. He has to convert it though. The rest were from the digi cam and I didn't shoot the speedo on any of these. If he was on regular street tires he could easliy do 4th gear burnouts.

Andy, I can't believe your hp was higher. Nice.

• 1 month later...