HybridZ

Tips for modifying,upgrading,or restoring a Z on a budget.

MJLamberson

Hey guys, new to hybridZ

iv got a 79' 280z.no rust if you can believe that! Well im in the prosses of having a nice l28 build.just waiting for my head to get back from rebello racing. Let me know your thoughts.

82' F54 block

.20 bore

Mild/high cam 280 durr.490 lift

flat top pistons/molly rings

N47 head closed chamber from 810 maxima.

head port, polished,honed, the whole 9 yards lol.

tripple webber conversion with Dyno tune.

Running 10.7:1 CR on 93 pump gas.they also sell AVE 108 Gas here too.

5speed with 200sx 4:11 differential

all new suspention

what may i be looking at for HP? id be happy with 200whp.

Edited by randallwayne221

Hey guys, new to hybridZ

iv got a 79' 280z.no rust if you can believe that! Well im in the prosses of having a nice l28 build.just waiting for my head to get back from rebello racing. Let me know your thoughts.

82' F54 block

.20 bore

Mild/high cam 280 durr.490 lift

flat top pistons/molly rings

N47 head closed chamber from 810 maxima.

head port, polished,honed, the whole 9 yards lol.

tripple webber conversion with Dyno tune.

Running 10.7:1 CR on 93 pump gas.they also sell AVE 108 Gas here too.

5speed with 200sx 4:11 differential

all new suspention

what may i be looking at for HP? id be happy with 200whp.

You're definitely in the wrong thread

• 6 months later...

I have a 4core radiator. Couldnt find fans thin enough. With a little more than 3inches of space from the wp pully I found ford contour dual fans to fit almost perfectly across my radiator. Little mods to fit, pulls more air than what u can find aftermarket.

Cost 43 dollars picknpull

I found that indpection lamps are ridiculously expensive. Call ur local nissan dealer or courtesy nissan in texas, theyre reasonable. I think I paid 79 bucks brand new. They have tons of z parts brand new, theyre the dealership that restored some zs in the early 2000s.

The datsun nissan trucks have the exact same engine lamp as our 240z. I look for them everytime im at the junkyard. At 3.99 a pop ive found 2 in like new condition and 2 in fair. I plan to sell these to other z enthusiasts at a reasonable price.

On older nissan maximas and datsun nissan trucks u will often find rubber coil boots. They are the exact same part u find online for 50 bucks or more for the z. I think mine was free at the local picknpull because I bought a bunch of stuff.

U can find early 80s maximas withvthe l24, most have a 60amp nissan re manufactured alternator. Good upgrade if u wanna go from 45amp to amp and solid state. I think I paid 39 dollars for my like new nissan reman alt.

Of course if u do find a maxima l24, the cylinder head will yield high comp. With the infamous heart shape quence design on the e31 heads. I paid 85 bucks for it, its been rebuilt in the past.

All I can think of for now

• 1 year later...

Heres a tip if you are trying to remove a crank pulley bolt and the impact is not strong enough. Remove one of the slave cylinder bolts. Go and find the longest bolt with the same thread you can find. screw it in until it bottoms out. the bolt should be holding the flywheel at this time locking the engine in place. This will allow you to grab a breaker bar and break that crank bolt loose.

When installing an engine and transmission PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE SLAVE CYLINDER BOLTS YOU USE!!! If you don't it will seem like you have a locked up engine. i found this out the hard way. But at least it gave me the idea of or trick above.