HybridZ

Replaced my stock Heater valve with a honda one

wigenOut-S30

Well while I have my Z torn apart I started looking at what was leaking coolent in my passenger footwell. I found it to be my heater control valve. I took the heater core out as well and tested it.. luckily it was not leaking. So I thought about A. getting rid of the heater all togeather.. B. putting a ball valve inline in the engine bay or C.. finding another type of heater valve that would work.

I opted for C. I went to the junkyard and found one from a 90 integra. One way valve with a lever and bracket. To install it I cut the stock heater cable alittle shorter, I used male to male barbed fittings to go through the firewall. I had to cut the heater valves bracket some and bent it to where I needed it for the cable. I then put a EYE hole on the cable and slipped it on the lever, I ran 1 90deg hose to one of the barbs, and a straight to the other( I was looking for a very tight radius S hose but just couldnt find one). As for the vacuum hose that went to the stock heater valve Im just going to cap it off.

It tests good as far as the opening and closing.. We shall see how it works when I have the Z back up and running.

Prices:::

Stock replacement 280Z heater valve= 200+..

Junkyard plastic honda valve= 3.00

spare heater hose= free

junkyard hose clamps= free with valve

male to male barbs = 6.00

So for a grand total of 9.00

Here are some pics.

DSC00158.JPG

DSC00156.JPG

DSC00155.JPG

Here's another solution

DSCN0800.JPG

Its a Mopar heater control valve, interfaces nicely with the dash control with just a longer cable, fine adjustment works great when you want just a little warmth or open it up all the way for full heat. I wanted to move all the potential carpet soaking pieces outside Now there's contiguous pieces of hose between the valve and the core.

Here's another solution

DSCN0800.JPG

Its a Mopar heater control valve, interfaces nicely with the dash control with just a longer cable, fine adjustment works great when you want just a little warmth or open it up all the way for full heat. I wanted to move all the potential carpet soaking pieces outside Now there's contiguous pieces of hose between the valve and the core.

Thats a great idea!! and your engine bay does look awesome...

• 1 month later...