HybridZ

New Photo of the Z car doing a Wheelie

We went to the track two weeks ago for my brother to test his new NOS engine. Well things did not go well, seems he had a faulty rod and it came through the oil pan. Oh well....

But while we were there a guy comes by and said didn't that Z used to have a supercharger on it. We said yes and expined it was being rebuilt. He said he took a picture of it and would like us to look at it. We were excited about that , we love pictures especially of the Z Car. He pulled out an 8x10 he took and showed the beast with wheels up in the air. I f you remeber from our moveis posted on www.jnjdragracing.com it was the last race we did last year at Carolina dragway. We running a tubbed out slick red camero, and the Z got high in the air, Jerry had to let out of it and then got back in it and outran the Camero.

Here is the photo.

Not too bad for a stock R200 rearend.

John and Jerry:)

The Z Dance_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to the track two weeks ago for my brother to test his new NOS engine. Well things did not go well, seems he had a faulty rod and it came through the oil pan. Oh well....

But while we were there a guy comes by and said didn't that Z used to have a supercharger on it. We said yes and expined it was being rebuilt. He said he took a picture of it and would like us to look at it. We were excited about that , we love pictures especially of the Z Car. He pulled out an 8x10 he took and showed the beast with wheels up in the air. I f you remeber from our moveis posted on www.jnjdragracing.com it was the last race we did last year at Carolina dragway. We running a tubbed out slick red camero, and the Z got high in the air, Jerry had to let out of it and then got back in it and outran the Camero.

Here is the photo.

Not too bad for a stock R200 rearend.

John and Jerry:)

Sheesh.... That's a lot of air. I drove my dad's car at the strip a while back and when it lifted the front end up I about @#$% my pants. :shock: It definitely takes some getting used to. I came back to the pits after the run and had to take some friendly abuse for getting out of the throttle....:redface:

When it goes that high how do you keep it pointed down the track? Is it just a matter of keeping in the throttle and making darn sure the steering wheel doesn't move an millimeter? Just curious..

Awesome pic.

Kinda off topic question though. I keep seeing that same lower chin spoiler/valence, but haven't found out wether it's a stock piece or an aftermarket. Most S30s I see for sale have that rounded under lower valence, as does the one I'm buying and really like the one on your car, so where can I find one? Heck, I'd even borrow one to make a mold off of it, just to have one.

we purchased an old 240Z and took the spoiler / bumper / grill off of it and put on this 280Z. I am not sure where it came from. I do know it is fiberglass and I have repaired it several times.

Awesome pic.

Kinda off topic question though. I keep seeing that same lower chin spoiler/valence, but haven't found out wether it's a stock piece or an aftermarket. Most S30s I see for sale have that rounded under lower valence, as does the one I'm buying and really like the one on your car, so where can I find one? Heck, I'd even borrow one to make a mold off of it, just to have one.

Sheesh.... That's a lot of air. I drove my dad's car at the strip a while back and when it lifted the front end up I about @#$% my pants. :shock: It definitely takes some getting used to. I came back to the pits after the run and had to take some friendly abuse for getting out of the throttle....:redface:

When it goes that high how do you keep it pointed down the track? Is it just a matter of keeping in the throttle and making darn sure the steering wheel doesn't move an millimeter? Just curious..

John, when it comes I can feel if the car is going straight or not, but like in the video I got out of the throttle and set the car down, it looks cool but its not safe.I have had alot of guys giving me advice about short shifting our back peddling the throttle. On the video the first pass the car picked the tire up only 6 to 8 inches, we dropped the tire pressure 1 pound and the car did this. Jerry

what kind of re-enforcement does the car have... a 6,8,10,12 point cage? subframes.. what? also ive been worried about what would happen to my car if it came down on the front wheels hard from doing that.. any signs of chassis flex or anything like that from setting the front wheels down hard?

what kind of re-enforcement does the car have... a 6,8,10,12 point cage? subframes.. what? also ive been worried about what would happen to my car if it came down on the front wheels hard from doing that.. any signs of chassis flex or anything like that from setting the front wheels down hard?
It had a 8 point cage,and no frame connectors, all original floor pans and no body flex that we can see. But right now the car has no cage, I cut it out tonight.We are putting in a new cage 10 or 12 point, in preparation for the DNI shoot out in March. Jerry