HybridZ

ZG flair placement which is which

dsommer

OK getting ready to cut the rears but just looking for confirmation that this flair is on the correct side.

Passenger side rear. Comments? Is it right?

100_4182.jpg

100_4184.jpg

REFERENCE on Austins car. I see how his is at the top of the body line, mine is almost there. Going to be running coil overs so I can drop the tire/wheel into the flair.

wats_077.sized.jpg

OK if it's on the correct side then how do I go about raising it, that would take away from either the front mount area where the body changes angles (lower rocker/dogleg area, but it seems that's where Austins is lined up.) So do I raise the rear edege and cant the flair forward or am I just reading too much into this???

It's easy to cut too little, your screwed if you cut too much ya know.

it looks like on the first pic, the top bolt holes do not line up level.

if you were to cant the rear forward about 2 or 3 degrees, it will raise the flair, and also position the bolt holes parallel to the ground. I also think that you can raise it just a touch too.

I'm not sure which side is which though. You'd expect them to come labelled, but sometimes that's asking too much. LOL.

• 1 month later...

Dont know if you have already done this or not but looks correct. I installed a set today on the car but haven't cut the fenders yet. Just wanted to get them on and mounted to see everything..

I noticed if you just lay it on the car you willnotice the ends of the flare tent to come into the body a fair distance making it look a little funky. I ended up get the centered right then grabbed the ends themselves and pulled in a bit to tighten the arch a hair and get the fitment a bit closer. Once i got that figured where it needed to be i hit the top center hole with a rivet to secure and start the bonding process. Then grabbed the end again and pulled in to where it needed to be. The next rivet went one over from the top center in the direction you want to start at(front or back dont matter from what i could tell). Worked my way closer to the end piece/farthest hole and secured that. Same basic steps on the other 3 and turned out good.

I do notice the shape of the wheel wells are kinda funky and not symetrical at all. Makes it look odd at certain angles but awesome in every other one! love the look!! Cant wait to cut the fenders and stick some huge wheels/tires and get that stance right. This is total quik cheap budget to get things clean as i then slowly upgrade to all the good stuff.

Couple pics of after the flare install today. Bad cellphone pics but.. Im stoked

IMG00044.jpg

IMG00043.jpg