HybridZ

Interior work... audio and such..

janaka

looks like I am going to put 5.25" in the door panel. They are about 2" deep, so I don't think they will hit window (I hope). They are pretty shallow the guy told me at 6th ave. I also picked up some matching Pioneer 6x9s. I am going to put them in individual boxes ($26.99 for the set of boxes at Best Buy, great deal) and put them in the back by the trunk lid, or right behind the seats. Also picked up an Alpine head unit, model CDA-9884 with Ipod wire all for $390. Pretty good deal I would say.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the Spal window kit, is there a specific part number that has a drive unit to fit the Datsun spindle? I found this at a place I have shopped before:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=6603

There only seems to be one deluxe window kit, but I want to be sure this is the correct one before I spend money.

That picture is terrible, but if you look at the lower right, you'll see a bunch of plastic adaptors, ok, I know they are plastic adaptors.

these get installed over the original window crank regulators sprockets and adapt to the motor sprocket.

All Spal kits are universal.

Spal also sells "switch pockets" as would be best way to describe them, that are used to hold the switches and are made in such a way that they can be used to cover the window crank protrusion nicely, with a possible factory look.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh, ok, next time you need something upholstry wise done, you should look the other way, in Brantford, Tom's Upholstry, great work, and affordable.

well the place in guelph just totally tried to screw me. I dropped the panels and seats off and the next day I got a call saying the hides have gone WAY up in price, $800 infact. So my quote just went through the roof and I'm NOT impressed. Needless to day I'm gunna call Tom's when I get the seats back now... I'm soo upset its not funny.:cuss:

Guest 73LT1Z
Hi,

Can you tell me what you are using to cover the wires between the door and the chassis? I have researched rubber boots and also these http://www.hotrodexpress.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=291 contacts.

Thanks

The best deal I found on a rubber boot to pass wiring through was at Autotoys, like $1.85 each, if you buy in quantity they cut the price. Shipping is about double what everywhere else is, it was $18 ground for 10 of these.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=867

Janaka

And you say its tuff keeping up with the Jones! Sounds like your current mods will up the ante...... MUST....KEEEP ......AHEAD!!........

Sounds like your gunning for best of show this year!

Sorry to hear about the quote from Guelph....that is a scam! Let us know how Tom's treats you! Ive had full leather ambitions for many years....including the rear plastic panels. Not the dash unless I have to.

well the place in guelph just totally tried to screw me. I dropped the panels and seats off and the next day I got a call saying the hides have gone WAY up in price, $800 infact. So my quote just went through the roof and I'm NOT impressed. Needless to day I'm gunna call Tom's when I get the seats back now... I'm soo upset its not funny.:cuss:

If you need any contact info, just let me know. You will be happy with thier work.

Terry is the owner, he'll likely be the one that answers the phone. You can tell him "Chris with the T-bucket" told you to call.

I have my T-bucket body in there that I'm working on with Terry, he's teaching me how to do interiors. :) I do most of the electrical work for them, remote starters, security, audio, and trouble shooting/repair.

Sorry to hear about what you're dealing with, from the Guelph shop.

If you need any contact info, just let me know. You will be happy with thier work.

Terry is the owner, he'll likely be the one that answers the phone. You can tell him "Chris with the T-bucket" told you to call.

I have my T-bucket body in there that I'm working on with Terry, he's teaching me how to do interiors. :) I do most of the electrical work for them, remote starters, security, audio, and trouble shooting/repair.

Sorry to hear about what you're dealing with, from the Guelph shop.

Well I got a response from Terry at the shop via email about my seats/panels. :shock:

Not quite what I was expecting in terms of cost but yikes, $4200 for seats/panels in leather/suede:eek: or $2100 for vinyl/fake suede.

Unfortunately that well outside my budget for this project at $4200 and I don't want to go with a "high quality" vinyl on this car. *sigh*

Things haven't gone my way this week

You get what you pay for, top quality work from Tom's Upholstery. I've seen him re-do things three times so that it's perfect when it leaves the shop, "will do" is not good enough. ;) It doesn't happen often that he or his guys need to re-do something, but there are some panels that just don't seem to go right the first time.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't give up on anything and this project has moved forward finally. I sourced my own leather hides for this and will be doing black with grey inserts on the seats and panels. I have the hides here already and will be dropping it all off to get put together next tuesday in Guelph. The guys were really good to me and are just charging for labour to fabricate/install now. In the end its costing me less than they quoted me and its all leather. :)

Will update with pictures when I have some to post. Also my driveshaft for my LS1 swap came in the mail :D

Check my photo album. Car has a full Katzkin leather interior - seats, A pillars, head liner, rear strut towers and a high end house carpet with sound deadening throughout. Stereo is all Alpine - head unit, 6 1/2" speakers in the doors complimented by 1" soft dome tweeters in the A pillars, 5 1/4" speakers in the stock speaker locations, and a 10" subwoofer in a custom enclosure in the back. 500 watt RMS amplifier, 6 disc CD changer, and a full 1 farad capacitor.

Cant wait to see it! Cant remember...will you be doing the rear panels?

not planning on doing the rear panels. the interior really isn't in bad shape in the car to begin with. should it look out of place I'll get more leather and do them but for now this should be good enough.

• 3 weeks later...