HybridZ

I have gone to the Dark Side...

bjhines

I picked up another track car this weekend. I just couldn't resist when I found a BMW M3 SEDAN(4 doors) that was going for a decent price.

It is in great shape mechanically and visually.

BMWM3003.jpg

BMWM3001.jpg

BMWM3002.jpg

BMWM3004.jpg

Ohh what fun it is to drive.... and it has a kick ass stereo and heated seats.

Congrats! I looked high and low for a nice low mileage E36 M3 and there are near to impossible to locate! Alot of these cars are going on 10years in age and many owners have become neglectful with maintenance and care unfortunately.

Those SSRs look great on your car. What year, mileage, mods?

Yasin

Congrats! I looked high and low for a nice low mileage E36 M3 and there are near to impossible to locate! Alot of these cars are going on 10years in age and many owners have become neglectful with maintenance and care unfortunately.

Those SSRs look great on your car. What year, mileage, mods?

Yasin

They look more like Kosei K1's to me, but I could be wrong.

Nice car! For a while I wanted to buy an E36 of some sort in a bad way, but decided against it. It just isn't practical for a high school student with little to no income. Although I suppose a Z isn't either...

The BMW has put a little dent into the V-8 240Z budget, but it is not stopping progress.

I recently sold my (daily driver/work truck/tow vehicle) Chevy pickup for $10,000 and bought a Ford E-250 cargo van to use as my work/tow vehicle.

I was in the market for a Honda Accord or similar daily driver to reduce fuel costs and make parking a little easier. I managed to convince my wife that I needed something "fun" to drive.

When I came home with the BMW... I told my wife, "It gets twice the MPG than the truck and it's fun to drive"... She rolled her eyes...

I put it on the rack today... It needed an alignment for street use. The PO tracked the car a few times. It handles well so much as I can test it out on highway ramps. It handles very flat. It does not push or oversteer unexpectedly. I can rotate the rear with the throttle in a controlled manner. It also handles bumpes and whoopies well under hard cornering.

He put a few offset bushings in key places and swapped a few parts around to get the car into track worthy alignment. It has a set of Dinan springs and Bilstein shocks. They are certainly stiffies, but not too low to the ground.

The Koseis are non-staggered wheels, with cupped and worn tires. The PO did a few things that are not quick and easy to change back to stock. I have found a short list of suspension and chassis parts that need replacement.

The car needs new lower control arms in front.(to replace ball-joints)

It needs a few of the more difficult to change rear bushings.

The left rear wheel bearing needs replacement.

It could use engine, tranny, and subframe mount bushings.

I need to put the upper strut mounts back on the correct sides of the chassis.(they were swapped to increase caster and camber)

I don't like the feel of the clutch pedal. (it is not smooth through it's travel)

The shifter probably needs new bearings/bushings. or maybe they are normally notchy and loose... I dunno.

Other than those things the car is well kept, Nothing is hurting drivability. They are just the initial to-do list.