HybridZ

My LS1 into 280z parts list/price list.

Please excuse the poor cut/paste job from excel but it works for me... let me know if it doesn't format properly. I hope this is a fairly good outline to any members who are looking to do the swap on the parts needed to do so. I spent quite a bit of time searching and thought I might be able to save some future members some time by merging all my notes into one thread.

All part numbers are from Jeg's website unless stated otherwise, not sure where I got the belt # from other than the HybridZ forums...

How complete does this list look other than the exhuast work that is obviously needed from the header back?

My pricing is based on my local prices (or prices paid) or Jeg's website..so prices may vary on some items. Obviously some will be able to get better prices on stuff, so it can be done cheaper or you know the story. This gives a rough estimate on the cost from my perspective at least on a LS1 drivetrain swap (plus exhuast) assuming you are like me and can't fabricate mounts etc.

I have a thick skin so if you see errors or something I've missed please let me know so I can add or correct my list.

JCI mounts & bracket $295.00

JTR rad kit $250.00

Fbody fans $0.00

Tilton .875" bore clutch master cyl. PN 75-8754 $100.00

autometer guages (5" speedo and tach, water temp, oil press, volt, fuel) $280.00

JTR 1 3/4" headers $475.00

JCI driveshaft $235.00

JCI Tranny mount $135.00

LS1 + T56 $4,500.00

pulley for no AC Goodyear pulley PN: 49003 $20.00

Belt - NAPA part number 060547 $20.00

Lokar throttle cable PN TC-1000LS148 $50.00

Russel braided brake line PN 632490 $13.99

Intake Tubing $100.00

clutch line Use Russell part # 640281 sold by Jegs $14.00

- 3AN fitting $21.99

90* -3AN fitting $20.00

fuel pump (walbro 255) $195.00

Corvette filter/regulator (napa 3737) $50.00

Total Driveline Upgrades $6,774.98

couple of small things,

Radiator and heater hoses.

Tee and bleeder valve for above.

I ended up using one radiator hose from the JCI fluids kit and one from the donor car (gto). Got the t with bleeder from JTR.

Oh yeah, you'll need gas money, cause for some reason the smile on your face seems to link directly to your right foot.

Mike

Missing:

1. Relays and fuses

2. fuel hoses / line

3. Pipes to finish the exhaust system

4. Radiator hose - mentioned by m1noel

5. Water temp sensor

6. Oil pressure sensor

7. Quick release connectors for the fuel hoses to the C5 FPR

There are 2 things you don't need to pay on your list

the pulley and the throttle cable. You can make the throttle cable from a junked bicycle brake cable. There is no need to spend $50 for something you can make out of nothing.

Oh yeah,

Have to reprogram the ECU, get rid of VATS, skip shift, etc. About $300. I'd get the Helms manual for the donor car-about $150-and a good wiring diagram for the Z (I just got the one off E-bay-much easier to read than the one out of the shop manual) $25. And tires- you'll need lots of rears.

Oh yeah,

Have to reprogram the ECU, get rid of VATS, skip shift, etc. About $300. I'd get the Helms manual for the donor car-about $150-and a good wiring diagram for the Z (I just got the one off E-bay-much easier to read than the one out of the shop manual) $25. And tires- you'll need lots of rears.

I was on your cardomain page (i believe you wrote in my guestbook recently too) and I like your intake set up. Is that the JTR one? If so what was the cost of their elbows? there order form doesn't have prices on it.

is it worth the JCI fluids kit if I will only utilize one of the hoses and still need to purchase something locally?

Does anyone have lengths of the heat hoses needed or is that just as needed based on exact install?

Also my shop I'm using does HP Tuners tuning as well so I will have the PCM taken care of.

I can't get to the receipts right now, but I think it was about $45 for the elbows and aluminum tubing for the intake. I'm sure you can find the prices on their web site. The fluids kit would have been ok except that the oil pressure sensor relocation part doesn't work with the JTR headers. And with the aftermarket guages you won't need the temp sender parts either. So, no with your swap I wouldn't buy it. The heater hoses are just hoses. Buy some in bulk and cut to length. JTR has an adapter3/4 to 5/8, but I think you can get those at an auto parts store. The bleeder T with the steam vent fitting is available from JTR too. I think you could just bend some wire in the shape you need for radiator hoses and go to the parts store and match up to find the ones you need.

Hope that helps,

Mike

I can't get to the receipts right now, but I think it was about $45 for the elbows and aluminum tubing for the intake. I'm sure you can find the prices on their web site. The fluids kit would have been ok except that the oil pressure sensor relocation part doesn't work with the JTR headers. And with the aftermarket guages you won't need the temp sender parts either. So, no with your swap I wouldn't buy it. The heater hoses are just hoses. Buy some in bulk and cut to length. JTR has an adapter3/4 to 5/8, but I think you can get those at an auto parts store. The bleeder T with the steam vent fitting is available from JTR too. I think you could just bend some wire in the shape you need for radiator hoses and go to the parts store and match up to find the ones you need.

Hope that helps,

Mike

That definately helps Mike.

Thank you.

wait4meperformance.com - for $75 tune instead of the usual $300. If you have it you can use the fbody throttle cable but only if you have a welder which sounds like you dont. Fuel injection hose if very expensive and adds up quickly. Fluids as they add up as well if you use good stuff (antifreeze, oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, etc) if you're trying to account for every $. Battery and alternator cables. Add at least another $1-200 in crap like bolts, hose clamps, zip ties, etc, etc, etc. Air filter.

Cameron

It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of itemized costs based on (1) a donor vehicle and (2) purchasing the engine from GMPP and the transmission etc. from a transmission vendor. As a wild guess, the engine will be $5500, the transmission $2000 and the “stuff inside the bellhousing†another $1000.

JCI mounts & bracket $295.00

JCI Tranny mount $135.00

I just need to get those 2 parts so i can get my LS1 in my Z. Once its in the Z I can be patient for more money to come in. Where did you find those priced? I heard from another member that his mounting kit was $1,200! Links please?

m1noel- how many miles per gallon are you getting with your engine swap. what's the worst per gallon and what's the best you think you could get (practically).

I'm getting around 17 around town which is really pretty good considering I only get to drive it usually 2-5 miles at a time, and like the way it sounds when I get on it. My tires are almost shot. I drove it on a short day trip, 240 miles, mostly on the freeway, 85-95 mph with several quick blasts well up over 100. Got 24.78 for the trip. I was happy with that. I never got that good with the L28 even on long trips.

Mike

I'm getting around 17 around town which is really pretty good considering I only get to drive it usually 2-5 miles at a time, and like the way it sounds when I get on it. My tires are almost shot. I drove it on a short day trip, 240 miles, mostly on the freeway, 85-95 mph with several quick blasts well up over 100. Got 24.78 for the trip. I was happy with that. I never got that good with the L28 even on long trips.

Mike

Thats pretty decent mpg.

Also thanks for that link. For some reason I couldnt get to that page last night. :sour: