HybridZ

Impressive 2jzgte 6-speed Supra

Z-Gad

Scottie and I went to a private track rental on Sunday to spectate, as we knew Darin Dichiara (tuner from Titan Motorsports) was running his 6-speed Supra.

Here was the timeslip of his only clean pass that we were there for...

60'-1.390

330-3.80

1/8-5.656

Mph-132

1000-7.23

1/4-8.550

Mph-171.5

video of the run -

Many of you who frequent the Supra boards may have already seen this video. This is with a built 3-liter and a stock Supra 6-speed. It is a true full weight street car with power steering, working a/c, etc. To see it run in person was a treat...

I see the potential.... :wink:

I was gonna ask, since I don't know much about suspension yet... doesn't that squat mean he needs a tighter setup (understanding he's running 8 seconds)

I think you have to find a happy medium there somewhere with a manual shifted IRS.. If the rear is too soft, then it will just bottom out and your tire contact patch and axle geometry will be off. If the rear is too stiff, then it won't plant properly or even will unload between shifts...

Scottie and I went to a private track rental on Sunday to spectate, as we knew Darin Dichiara (tuner from Titan Motorsports) was running his 6-speed Supra.

Here was the timeslip of his only clean pass that we were there for...

60'-1.390

330-3.80

1/8-5.656

Mph-132

1000-7.23

1/4-8.550

Mph-171.5

video of the run -

Many of you who frequent the Supra boards may have already seen this video. This is with a built 3-liter and a stock Supra 6-speed. It is a true full weight street car with power steering, working a/c, etc. To see it run in person was a treat...

I see the potential.... :wink:

That was AWESOME!!!!

Jerry

I think you have to find a happy medium there somewhere with a manual shifted IRS.. If the rear is too soft, then it will just bottom out and your tire contact patch and axle geometry will be off. If the rear is too stiff, then it won't plant properly or even will unload between shifts...

that's what i was thinking. if it's too stiff it can't plant itself firmly, and between shifts all the weight would unload and you'd loose traction, too soft and it goes BANG and bottoms out and everything goes screwy.

vw's are kind of like that too. but because they're swing axle, you have to be careful how you set it up. i think usually people run the suspension slightly on the high side, so when the car takes off and squats, the tires are close to having 0camber (since swingaxles are like all over the place with camber)

watching that supra is insane. from the launch to the end i'm just staring at it skittering across the track haha. that's very impressive.

• 2 months later...