HybridZ

tail light swap???

Guest ohnooz

So I hate the 280zx, I wish they kept the back end like the 280z!!!! It reminds me of shelby or cobra or something. Has anyone seen, heard, or personally accomplished this swap? I want to make the tail light swap, but even better, would be if i can get the same SHAPE as the 70 z's :?

i have seen a zx with the z tail lights it was ok but it looked a lil funky to me (might have been a bad job). IMO i really dont care for the tail lights (changing them that is), as a friend told me "it dont make you no faster". i have the ones with the lines running through them i think i will just tint them.

What do you mean by make it the same shape? Do you mean roll the rear to give it that shaved appearance?

yes, that nice shaved appearance, then the sudden slant, i LOVE THATTT!! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

i have seen a zx with the z tail lights it was ok but it looked a lil funky to me (might have been a bad job). IMO i really dont care for the tail lights (changing them that is), as a friend told me "it dont make you no faster". i have the ones with the lines running through them i think i will just tint them.

ya I was thinking of tint, i just finished the tinting on ps, and i made it REALLY dark (But as we all know, no matter how many layers you will see the color when it blinks, which it PERFECT!!)

But that just takes care of the tail light issues, i still love how the 280z's back is shaped. The only reason I can't get a 280z is b/c of insurance, since its pre-81, and its going to be like 3200 (my dads not gonna pay that much...lol) SO i'm stuck with the zx!! :icon45:

Speaking of tail lights....I was trying to take one of mine out to repair it (had a chipped out part)....I got all the hardware out on the inside, but it seemed not to budge.

I ended up just taping over the chip for now.

Is it just "sealed" in there with the existing gastket and I just need to push really hard? If so, do I need a new gasket to put it back on when repaired?

Sorry to threadjack :)

Speaking of tail lights....I was trying to take one of mine out to repair it (had a chipped out part)....I got all the hardware out on the inside, but it seemed not to budge.

I ended up just taping over the chip for now.

Is it just "sealed" in there with the existing gastket and I just need to push really hard? If so, do I need a new gasket to put it back on when repaired?

Sorry to threadjack :)

ahha, theif! i dont' even have the car yet, so I can't really say anything. But you live in pleasanton, don't worry....that made no sense i KNOW!!

why WOULDN'T it be more expensive?? lol :icon45:

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but could you help me with my original one. I figured it would be cheaper, at least that is what i gathered from the insurance sales man in the family. but he didn't specify years.

I have the ones with the lines running through them i think I will just tint them.

I sure wouldn't do that, for a simple reason: tint means less light transmission. Less light transmission means you're harder to see; that means you have more chance of getting hit by another vehicle.

Anything which makes you less visible to other vehicles increases your danger. To me, tint on any lights, anywhere, is a bad idea because it increases the risk to you.

Ok there's a flat black, well done ZX that there were pics of here on this site that had a shaved butt. I know I have some pics of it on my PC, but that's at home, not here at work. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Tada! I found it.

modifiedzx009wx6.jpg

Here's a link to the HZ owner's gallery picture.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=4520&cat=500&ppuser=8583