HybridZ

Picked this up for $500 bucks

Hey, i just got this z today, it is a 71 with a L24 completely complete lol. its got all the old smog equipment and the interior, The stock stereo works, OH SHYT AND IT HAS CRUISE CONTROL!!! Oh and it came with an extra complete motor tranny drive shaft diff, dash (with gages wiring etc), hood, hatch, door, a separate complete su assembly with intake manifold like new, brand new oem leather seat covers (black), Fluffy furry black seat covers from the 70's (pimp status), 2 extra seats and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee!!!

PICT0077.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

interior pics soon..

So? what do you thing?

Sorry that you don't have the room for it and have to sell it. I'll be over there tomorrow and give you $510 just for your trouble. Just messing, but that is a killer deal. Tell the whole story. Old guy selling it, widow, why were they selling it??? Good find.

Well my moms mechanic saw mine and had a friend who said that he might get rid of his and he ended up selling it to me for redonculously cheap. I ended up actually not looking at it for three months cuz i figured for 500 it was going to be a piece of crap.....then i thought what the hell ill check it out and i called the man. the car had been sitting in different storage garages for the last 15 years. drained the oil, not too bad, hooked up a battery and checked everything else. brakes work clutch works tranny shifts every light inside and out works except for one brake light. we got it to run for about 45 seconds by itself after some tinkering but we think that the mechanical fuel pump is done for. we ghetto rigged an electric pump to it and got some fuel flowing but it hasnt been able to run again since the first moment of ecstasy when we were all jumping around doing the i love this car dance.

Well it officially runs! after a couple hours of tinkering, some new radiator hoses, an electric fuel pump and jet style toggle switch its ALIVE!!! it idles good right at 800 or so and it smokes, as expected. Cleaned vacuumed out the interior installed the fluffy pimp seat covers, a bottle of armor all and the thing looks like a new car! and no it is not a hand throttle it is actually a cruise control, its after-market.

Well it officially runs! after a couple hours of tinkering, some new radiator hoses, an electric fuel pump and jet style toggle switch its ALIVE!!! it idles good right at 800 or so and it smokes, as expected. Cleaned vacuumed out the interior installed the fluffy pimp seat covers, a bottle of armor all and the thing looks like a new car! and no it is not a hand throttle it is actually a cruise control, its after-market.

:D:D:D:D, congrats, I am coming buy tomorrow same time to see this thing run if you dont mind, maybe digs280 will join me

Sweet deal. It's amazing that there's still so many great deals on these cars in norcal. Congrats.

I really wanna see some of your guys' cars up in the north bay.

Any of you napa folk gonna be able to maybe make it to the vacaville meet/greet event march 29th? I'll be there most likely, and with my new 280Z of course.

More details and upcomming events:

http://www.thezenthusiast.com/calendar/month.php