HybridZ

Interesting Japan Car Show Link

Derek

I invested many hours today. I saw a few cool Z pics. and about 10 billion oldschool GTR pics. I also noticed i saw a few cars multiple times throughout the years from them going to all the shows, which i thought was interesting.

and the Yankee Tade Z kinda made me cry a bit.

I threw up a little in my throat when I saw all these ricers. It looks like a bunch of AUTOBOTS taking a lunch break.

http://www.geocities.jp/tanetane92/20060115tas03.html

Q: What's up with the oil coolers out front where they are gonna get damaged? I can see it now... Mr. OPTIMUS PRIME, cruising down the road, just then the dump truck in front of him drops a chunk of concrete on the road (not responsible from objects coming from road) and hit's Prime square in the oil cooler. Result: blown engine, multiple crashes due to Prime oiling down the highway. TRANSFORMER death and mayhem!!!

Nice collection of pics. Just shows that the japan auto scene is as diverse as ours. Race cars muscle cars, rods, and even a few low riders. All great cars.

The one thing I have a hard time with is the Pantera style hatch on the Z cars. Never was fond of it and never will be.

Hey did you see that Challenger....all jacked up inthe rear! :lmao:

... The one thing I have a hard time with is the Pantera style hatch on the Z cars. Never was fond of it and never will be ...

They have to be done correctly (ie taken to the back edge of the car). If you put a flat deck back there, and it ends a foot or two before the end of the car, or you stick a big wing behind it, then it'll never look right

I beleive this style is called Bosozoku, and it's supposed to be a kind of "renegade" movement among Japanese car modifiers. Some say those guys originate from car-based hooligan groups that were active in the 80s, but the style hasn't changed since then, hence the bad taste styling "enhacements"... Remember the days of disco, artificial leather, wild hairstyles among other things? Well, mix it with a group of Japanese hillbilly car nuts and what you end up with is Bosozoku...

Cool link by the way, thanks for sharing.

I beleive this style is called Bosozoku, and it's supposed to be a kind of "renegade" movement among Japanese car modifiers. Some say those guys originate from car-based hooligan groups that were active in the 80s, but the style hasn't changed since then, hence the bad taste styling "enhacements"... Remember the days of disco, artificial leather, wild hairstyles among other things? Well, mix it with a group of Japanese hillbilly car nuts and what you end up with is Bosozoku...

Cool link by the way, thanks for sharing.

It also reminds me of a similar Motorcycle style.

Why is it that they get all the good looking wheels. All the good "deep lip" wheels. I mean we have some but not none like that and if you wanted some your would have to pay just about triple the price for them. As soon as they hit US soil they are considered "rare" and it makes the price skyrocket. I haven't tried to import wheels before this is just what i have seen.