HybridZ

rb torque

ridin_Z_alb

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i have seen it makes slightly less torque, but that doesnt mean you should pick an engine purely just because it has torque

Torque can suck when you get up to high amounts like you are talking about, on the street they do nothing but turn into burnout machines...thats how i feel

i would say your best bet for torque vs HP in an RB is an RB30 block with an RB25 head

550 ft. lbs is not even close to weak remember this is going in a car that weighs anywhere from 2400-2700 lbs...

you will never see initial torque in an RB like you would in V8 engines, RB's need big turbos to make power like that and its going to take time for them to spool, drag racing will be different but look at RIPS car that has an RB30 block and an RB26 head i believe...its running 9 flat

they have VVT on the exhaust side and HKS makes a VVT kit for the intake cam that makes the power and torque INCREDIBLE

yeah i've been looking into that kit. might snatch it up if it's a good buy. I haven't heard of anyone stateside that runs it though (or anyone speaking english, for that matter) :eek2:

and as far as i know, its VCT for nissan, no?

I just looked at the HKS V-CAM setup A & B, and it has a low valve lift height, and it requires special pistons for the wide adjustment version (B). It also requires a whole other processing device too, which would probably be fidgety with an EMS as a primary.

The valve lift puts me off :-(

and it's 4000

If you want a setup with lots of torque, RB is not the way to go.

mostly i was looking for a good balenced setup good torque to get off the line quick, and keep me ahead the rest of the way and to make the v8 guys have to explain to all their buddies why they lost to a import :lol:

i still don't understand why anyone would want more than 550 ft. lbs. in a z anyways. is there anything you can do to make it hook up with that much? i'd rather full throttle it down the track with 400 than have to half throttle it all the way down with 550+. i think it'd be too much work to get a good time out of the car, assuming you're trying to make a dyno queen/ET bragger.