HybridZ

Why Bother With The Lsx Swaps....

Because of the giant smile on my face every time I turn the key. Because I can't drive it across town without getting a thumbs-up from someone I've never seen before. Because everytime I run to the store I have to answer a million questions and pop the hood for a new friend. Because with a little suspension work to go with the LS, the car is head and shoulders better than it was when new, and better, faster, and more fun than most new cars. Because I absolutely would not hesitate to drive it across the country and back. Because stepping on the loud pedal results in instant woodies.

That's why!

Mike

That right there is motivation enough.

I do like this thread, I am saving up to get my Broken Kitty mounts for my LS1 swap, I have heard this journey will require thousands of dollars and lots of sweat, time and tears. Dont let it intimidate you guys! I will surely not let it get me down. I am shooting for summer of 2009 to get my baby on the road with an LSx setup!

Hardest part definitely has to be the end.. when you know its almost done but cant really muster up the energy or drive to work on it, after alllll the hours youve put into it before..

It sucks, but ill tell ya, Im very close to driving mine, like tommorow hopefully.. lol but it is definitely a GREAT feeling of success..

Look at my video thread where like 3-4 people said they jumped outta their seat when my car started, that right there is what keeps me going!! Hope everyone who starts, doesn't quit and keeps on kickin until its done!

Yup, that first drive is a great feeling!... unless the engine eats itself and you’re looking at a $7000 investment (in the engine) going out the proverbial tailpipe.

If you went from despondency prompting desire to sell your car, to successful and reliable driving - all in 6 months - then you certainly deserve commendation! I’m hoping for a “second time around†first-drive this summer… after being down for about 2 years since the first drive of my rebuilt engine… after being down for 6 years since the first-drive of the original engine!

You are taking orders for what? Do you build-to-sell? :icon5:

I have a couple more 240Zs in my garage here and I do enjoy putting LS1 motor into the Zs as well. I guess this is the reason why I can never finish mine. However I was just kidding. I wouldn't know how much to sell one for. But if anyone near the Philly area wants me to do the lsx swap PM me.

JUST DO IT!!!

I drove mine 1600 miles (from California to Mexico), I built the car with the help of lots of poeple and friends.

Everywhere I go I make new friends, The Z is a rare car here in Mexico so I get is this a Porsche,Camaro or Mustang....Most poeple know the Datsun/Nissan....Then comes is that stock so I have to tell the storie and pop the hood...I think its been over a year I have been driving the Z with the LS2 swap and I cant still wipe that smile off my face..

I had lots of offers and do not plan to sell it anytime soon!!!

thanks guys taken me a long time but im so close i can taste spent last year with the best job working 4 days on 4 days off thought id be doing that till i retired was bit stale with ls1 install (rhd header was driving me crazy trying to work out how to make one to fit) so did lots jobs around the house and bought a repairable gsxr 1000 bike wreck repaired the bike ended up really happy with bike

Finally sorted out header got keen on zed again then i was retrenched out of money now i have new job lots more money but im working away 5 days a week

but im getting closer with the limited time i have engine bay is painted and fitted out again ready to drop motor in for last time (fingers crossed) just need to fit fuel reg and connect wiring loom wires which i have identified

so hopefully it will start soon

thanks for giving me more excitment to fight on

mick

make me an offer man, i'm down to haggle. as mentioned above a super clean example could go for $20,000+. the car is not perfect but it's a pretty good example of a clean arizona car (near perfect body with totally trashed plastics and rubber). it's factory black too which is bad ass and pretty rare

hey bugeater, i'm thinking of selling mine. its a 78 with a 99 LS1, 6-speed. hit me up and make an offer. i'll get you some pics if your interested.

peace

Hey Cho - I need to find out the extent of of some unfortunate mis-tuning applied to my racecar that I ran in a Grassroots Motorsports event last summer...I am hoping its only pistons/rings cuz if the motor needs to come out, well its going to be a little more expensive... Viper motors can be that way.

Here is my track-only vehicle.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2578513

The fact my Viper isnt street legal is why I want to find a Datsun 240 with an LSx or something in it..something that reaches the power to weight my racecar has. Plus I have owned and loved the Z for decades. I need to find a finished example since all of my spare time is pretty much dedicated to maintaining the snake. Oh yeah and kids....oh and the wife....

I think the LSx and T-56 combo is optimum. I would like to see someone try and use the new TR-6060 with the new LSD that Dodge uses in the 08 Viper (and I think the vette and ford GT) though...

Because of the giant smile on my face every time I turn the key. Because I can't drive it across town without getting a thumbs-up from someone I've never seen before. Because everytime I run to the store I have to answer a million questions and pop the hood for a new friend. Because with a little suspension work to go with the LS, the car is head and shoulders better than it was when new, and better, faster, and more fun than most new cars. Because I absolutely would not hesitate to drive it across the country and back. Because stepping on the loud pedal results in instant woodies.

That's why!

Mike

I was trying to think of what to say but you said it all!

Maybe I'll give my son the 350 IROC TPI motor for his project ( he's hooked) and hopefully find an LS for Me!. Clive, keep an eye out for a donor car for me.

I like that idea! hell it's already out of the car...it would be A LOT easier...This is going to take some coaxing this weekend...

Very well put. When my car turned over the first time today it scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me. But, I had the BIGGEST grin on my face hearing the thing sit there and idle. BTW, my car is VERY loud inside the garage with open headers..LOL