HybridZ

Found a new Z. Should I trade?

Mauisnow13

So I came upon a 1972 240z for sale in my area. It looks to be in great condition and he is asking just under 2k for the car. I may be able to get it for 1500 hopefully.

I currently have a 1970 240z that I got for fairly cheap. It runs rough, body is rough. Here's some pics.

0313081349.jpg

0313081347a.jpg

0313081349a.jpg

I'm thinking about selling my car for like $500 after throwing some carpet in. Then get the other 240z and start that as my project. It would get me a lot easier of a restore and 72 is my favorite year. hahaha

Here's the other car's ad.

http://boise.craigslist.org/car/598687239.html

Hopefully I'll test drive it tomorrow. What do you guys think? Sell mine and get it or stay on the project?

I can't afford it to tell you the truth. I'm a junior in high school. I have a porsche 944 (in my sig) that i'm selling right now. My new daily driver will be a Metro most likely. 46 mpg! hells ya! hahaha

The extra money will be saved for the Z.

Your a junior in high school? Cool, me too...

Yea, a running 70' shouldn't sell for $500 unless it's got rust issues. You should be able to get more.

I'd say just go see it, and go with your gut, but give it some time for the car to sink in. Don't get it on impulse, really look at all the little details of the car and look for possible headaches you'll be dealing with in the next 6 months, and then also the next 6 years.

It all depends on what condition your current Z is in, and which is better. I couldn't say if it was a good idea or not unless I had both cars in front of me to inspect.