HybridZ

My First Z! Lots of Pics!

So this is it, my first Z car. No motor, no tranny but lots of rust and horrible bondo work. Of course I bought this car to make into a hybridz. The car also came with a crossmemeber that is supposed to be for a small block ford, an 8 gallon fuel cell thats never been used, a roll bar that was never installed, and a new weatherstriping kit for the car. Ive been lurking around these forums for around 2 years and im finally starting to take some action. So I want to know your opinions on whether this car would be a good candidate to restore, or should I just sell the shell and the parts? I have good metal working skill so replacing rust will not be the problem and I am planing on this being a looooong project. So I tried to take a pictures of the whole car and the worst rust areas. The bondo isnt filling in any dents but whoever applied it tried to fill over the bumper grooves and things like that with solid bondo. This is going to be a mostly street driven car. Let me know what you think.

Sorry the box is the weather stripping kit that came with the car. Im pretty sure the cat didnt come with the car but I dont know where it came from so, maybe?

What im most worried about is the rust on the inner fenderwell near the frame rails. I think im going to have to wait until the tear down to see how far that really goes.

Did I mention this car only cost me $250?

Doesn't look too bad... until you get into it. Guarantee there's a heck of a lot more work there than what you think. IMHO, part it out and take that cash and save for something a bit less swiss cheese like!

Like JSM said though, if you've got the skills then go for it and more power to you. I'd be nice to see it get back on the road rather than to have it crushed!

Best of luck to you!