HybridZ

Scary afternoon at the local Blockbuster

ZR8ED

I'm just trying to rent a movie.

I go up to the cash desk, and while waiting to get checked out, I see an older guy with blood running down his face 20ft away right in front of the store. Then I watch him try to get into his SUV, and get dragged out of the seat by a younger salty looking dude. They struggle, shove and hit eachother, and then young guy opens his jacket like he's flashing a gun in his coat. The older guy runs around the other side of the truck and tries to get in, but again doesn't make it.

I yelled to everyone in the store to look out, and tell the clerk to call 911. This struggle happens back and forth for a good couple of minutes. They take turns trying to get in the car, and pulling each other out, and slamming the door on eachother to keep them from getting in. Finnally the older guy makes it into the car and locks the doors. The younger guys is pounding on the windows and yelling. The driver then starts to drive away with the young guy dragging along holding the door handle. He eventually falls off after 50+ft of dragging! Other people in the parking lot are stunned, and I see some grabbing cell phones and likely calling the cops. The driver almost hits two cars on the way out, and the guy who finally gets flung off, gets up and starts running after the truck! We got a good description of both the guys and the truck. We then see the running guy coming back through the parking lot. I tell the clerk to lock the door. It didn't take long for the cops to get there, but the truck was gone. I think they got the guy on foot behind the mall. I didn't hang around to find out. I was not too nervous till I saw the guy flash his jacket and made it look like he was indicating that he was packing...Then I was not leaving that store till I saw cops. People in the store were screaming when the fight got ugly, and the guy got dragged.

Broad daylight, 4:00pm crowded mall parking lot 150ft from a daycare in the same mall lot, kids walking around on their way home from school etc etc. It could have quickly got much worse.

Not the kind of adrenaline rush I was looking for, I just wanted to watch a movie.

Take it easy.

Scott.

So what movie did you rent Scott?

Seriously....you gotta be careful with things like this....you want to help but there are recent stories of the help getting pummeled and even killed by the the other guys.

Thankfully nobody got hurt other than the other two fellas....but you never know!

Did anyone get the plate number of the truck?

Now here is the scenario: "Dad I need a fix real bad. You have enough money to rent these vids for you and mom but no crank for me. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." "Son, you are 34 years old, live at home and never had a job. Your mom and I paid tuition for you for six years at 7 different colleges and blew all our savings. We owe $35,000.00 for your last rehab. We gave you everything you ever wanted and now it's tough love time." "Well daddyo, it is going be tough for you."

WOW. Scott, good job keeping a cool head! It's difficult not to get involved with a situation like that...it's not very clear who's the victim and who's the assailant sometimes, and stopping the wrong guy might put you in a world of hurt.

Most people will stand around and scream. This allows someone who's still thinking straight to take command, because everyone else is to busy being scared.

I witnessed a similar situation, driving by one of the huge massive corporation churches and a old toyota wagon flys around the corner in front of us and a lady jumps out of the door and rolls across the street. She gets up and walks away and the guy follows her telling her to get in the car...