HybridZ

My L Turbo Exhaust Manifold is Here!!

S30TRBO

Get that baby JetHot coated!!

You know it!

Looks nice, are you still running your turbo motor n/a with carbs?

I did, now I have to give the SU back "new owner is waiting" and she will get plumbed for EFI. I have some parts waiting.

19701594456.jpg

6022112557.jpg

The ITB's will be on it until the middle of summer. I have some traveling to do overseas this year then another intake manifold and turbo will go on.

why not get a plenum for the itb's??? maybe accurate injection will have theres done by then.

I have already talked to Kevin concerning the plenum. :)

I haven't decided if I want to plenum the ITB's. I am hearing mixed reviews on using them vice an intake manifold with runners and a plenum. I have an N42 non EGR or I can have someone that can make me an intake and use the Q45 90mm throttle body I have had for years. I am also hearing mixed reviews especially on this forum on using the Q45 "bigger isn't always better".

I have already talked to Kevin concerning the plenum. :)

I haven't decided if I want to plenum the ITB's. I am hearing mixed reviews on using them vice an intake manifold with runners and a plenum. I have an N42 non EGR or I can have someone that can make me an intake and use the Q45 90mm throttle body I have had for years. I am also hearing mixed reviews especially on this forum on using the Q45 "bigger isn't always better".

I found this to be especially true on forced induction.

It was a different engine (not an L-series), but it was a creation of my own. 3.2L V6, T3 turbo, Mitsu Satrion FMIC, home made headers, 8.9:1 SCR, Crane 260-2 cam, 2.5" exhaust, with cat and either no muffler or Supertrapp muffler (sorry I don't recall if I had the muffler removed by that time), 1985 GMC Jimmy, somewhere around 3200 lbs, 3.73 final drive gear.

Anyway I had a 56mm TB, ran a best of with that TB of about 14.2 IIRC, swapped the TB to a 52mm, and immediatly ran a 13.8. Now, this may not have been just an issue of too large a TB, because I am confidant I would have been able to use the 56mm TB, provided I had a better flowing intake manifold. So I think it was more of a matching between the TB and what was behind that TB in matching flow.

Has anyone attempted to use this type of welded manifold to make a casting for aluminum or cast iron? Please understand that I know nothing about casting or welding, but I was told that the reason, Tom Wyatt III's (Turbo Tom) turbo systems was durable because the exhaust manifold was casted (iron) and not welded.

That manifold will definitely make a difference in power. The SFP manifold I had made a power gain I felt instantly, and this one looks to be a much better piece.

Get that baby JetHot coated!!

+1 on J's advice. Joe looks beautiful simply beautiful I am in awe bro! and I LOVE IT!

Yasin