HybridZ

Guess what I blew-up?

big-phil

Is it possible for a diff to spring a leak and seize a bearing or something?

And geeze, that's crazy haha. Too bad it didn't do something cool like grenade, then you could have some pretty wicked carnage pictures/videos

Speaking of grenading, I was on my co-op last fall and grenaded the company vehicles T-case on a Dodge Durango driving to work. I have pics somewhere and can post them if anyone wants in a new topic... sorry to change the subject. Hopefully you get the Z back on the road! I know how it is having one you can't drive. :mad:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will the R230 drop in and not need a new driveshaft? i know its not a "drop in" replacement itself but once installed the existing DS can be re-used?

I'm just looking for clarification as my LS1 is going in and I would like to have an option ready for a diff for when my R200 goes...

thanks in advance for any help.

there was no noise, or leaking. I park in the same spot and there is nothing. I was talking to Chris and he thinks its the bearings on the input shaft. Maybe they seezed and thats where its leaking from. The rear case looks ok. I still have not taken anything apart. Goldfish are on sale at Kroger for $.50 a bag and I'm working my ass off with 3 Krogers!!! Making lots of $$$$ though so I can fix my sh....stuff.

• Administrators

WOW! This thread is enlightening. I am amazed at how many people did NOT read what Phil described that did NOT blow up in the very first post, yet some of you still guessed the items that Phil said did NOT blowup! bash.gif

I'll give you a hint, its the strongest link in my set up. Its not the motor, trans, U-joints, clutch........

I had to get towed this morning, car will not roll! (runs great!):weird:

WOW! This thread is enlightening. I am amazed at how many people did NOT read what Phil described that did NOT blow up in the very first post, yet some of you still guessed the items that Phil said did NOT blowup! bash.gif

me too. I tried to eliminate that sort of wild guessing, but:nono:??????

If it is the front bearing do you think you could send me the failed bearing bits (I would pay shipping naturally, it would be for research purposes) check this thread out for a replacement - provided it is indeed the front pilot bearing (next to the driveshaft flange) that failed:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=130782&page=3&highlight=nla+pinion

If it is the front bearing do you think you could send me the failed bearing bits (I would pay shipping naturally, it would be for research purposes) check this thread out for a replacement - provided it is indeed the front pilot bearing (next to the driveshaft flange) that failed:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=130782&page=3&highlight=nla+pinion

sure you can have it.

Yeah, he did pretty much give away the answer in his post.

?

...umm maybe...he went back and put clutch in there after I guessed "clutch" :ugg:

OK you got me....:weird:

Lemme go back and re-read... :wc:

OK I re-read the thread and I want to change my guess to "differential". :wink:

going to try to get it done sunday morn, Max after I fix the LSD you can have the stock r200 again.

Take your time brother, I'm in no hurry! It won't become an issue for me for at least like two months, when I'll need to start thinking about how I'm going to get the car to another state (i'm leaning towards "under its own power" for now, but I guess we'll have to see...).