HybridZ

inspection door pod

scottyMIz

here are some pics of the pod i built a while ago but i am going to get her out and start on it again. I am going to use a excursion rear window vent motor to make it go up and down with the key. I want to be able to still open the door so the flip up door will have a ball type mount for the arm from the motor.

SANY0700.jpg

SANY0702.jpg

I have to make the yz kit work with inspection doors again but that shouldnt be to hard :D

i think its kind of a sweet idea. Right up there infront of you. are you going to have some kind of actuator to open and close it?

that is what i was thinking dunno why some ppl think it's stupid, specially since u have to either pay big bucks for an electric fuel pressure gage or mount a manual gage someplace outside the car that looks crappy. I was plannin a vent window motor out of an excursion to make it lift and drop, i figure it is more than strong enough and only opens so far each way so i dont need to make a stopper for either direction. oh well cant convince everyone ;)