HybridZ

Crushing a Datsun

zmaster

that is terrible....so what if scrap prices are reaching an all time high. he could have parted the car out as much as possible and THEN crush it.

random question, if a datsun was stripped of all parts and you were left with just the unibody...is there anything left to do but crush it? or do people want pieces of that too?

that is terrible....so what if scrap prices are reaching an all time high. he could have parted the car out as much as possible and THEN crush it.

random question, if a datsun was stripped of all parts and you were left with just the unibody...is there anything left to do but crush it? or do people want pieces of that too?

The roof is worth something to people who no longer want a sunroof. Depending on the condition of the other parts on the car, those are also worth something to those who need it... probably people on the east coast, haha.

That was lame. Probably could have sold it to a J-yard for some cash.

Then it would still be crushed by the J-yard, probably in the condition it was in there. I fail to see the difference.

If it was you or I though, we would take ALL of the remaing parts off and sold them to other S30 enthusiasts, and only scrapped the bare chassis.

yup, I'm sure somebody here could have used some of those parts, but Z people are the most frugal people out there and our cars have not attained the value that other cars have, I'm sure if that was a 55 belair, or 65 Austin healey MkIII it would have been stripped to the bone. I've stripped Z's with the intent of selling the parts only to be offered pennies on the dollar of the time it took to remove them...never again. I end up giving tons of parts away whenever I've sold defunct projects in the past.

in other news though...check this out!

thats intense! love to have on of those on my DD so when I get cut off or bumped by other stupid drivers around here I could just pull up to them, pin them, and rip their engine out....ha! that would show'em!

errr :)

yup, I'm sure somebody here could have used some of those parts, but Z people are the most frugal people out there and our cars have not attained the value that other cars have, I'm sure if that was a 55 belair, or 65 Austin healey MkIII it would have been stripped to the bone. I've stripped Z's with the intent of selling the parts only to be offered pennies on the dollar of the time it took to remove them...never again. I end up giving tons of parts away whenever I've sold defunct projects in the past.

in other news though...check this out!

thats intense! love to have on of those on my DD so when I get cut off or bumped by other stupid drivers around here I could just pull up to them, pin them, and rip their engine out....ha! that would show'em!

errr :)

Wow, the one time it didnt even lift the hood.

it probably destroys the engine, and destroys the frame as well. if the engine block itself isn't shattered from being ripped out like that then the frame itself becomes twisted and ripped even MORE than it would already be. Because it's either the block or the mounts that give first. and considering how much force it would take to rip an engine out like that, I'd say it does so much damage that the only thing the engine would be good for is an anchor. That is, till it falls apart from the numerous cracks put into it.

What a waste. I sent a 280ZX to the scrap yard but it had been sitting in a field for 3 years with no windshield and was rusty as hell. I didn't feel bad about that, but I'd feel terrible sending a car like the one in the video for scrap.