HybridZ

Final 5.3 update with pictures

Ok, I am almost finished with this project. I owe sooo much to too many people; I am afraid if I try to list them all, I will leave someone out. But, I would like to thank Tom at Engine Wiring because he is a man of his word and took care of my problem when he didn't have too. If you guys need engine wiring or ECU reprograming, throw your business his way. You will be glad you did; I know I am. I could never forget Dan, for all his help. Guss and Jose at Master Aircraft, I can't thank you guys enough. If you guys need your air craft painted give them a call in Wickenburg, AZ they will do you right. I need to thank my lovely wife Inder and my baby boy Jeevan for putting up with me while I invested so much time developing this project. I will stop here but there are so many more people I could thank.

The pictures goes throught the stages of the project and shows the then and now. It is a fun little car and I hope you enjoy the pictures. Let me know what you really think.

Milesz

brown sugar1JPG_thumb.JPG

brown sugar2JPG_thumb.JPG

brown sugar_thumb.JPG

7518_thumb.attach

7519_thumb.attach

motor5.3_thumb.JPG

7521_thumb.attach

7522_thumb.attach

7523_thumb.attach

7524_thumb.attach

Photo_061008_001_thumb.JPG

Photo_061008_003_thumb.JPG

Photo_061008_004_thumb.JPG

Photo_061008_005_thumb.JPG

7529_thumb.attach

Miles, that is one fine looking Z.

You're just a couple of hours drive on I-10 from me. Drive on over to Indio on November 1, 2008 and show your Z along side mine at the Indio Festival of Wheels. See indiofestivalofwheel.com. Mine will probably be shown in a number of baskets and as a tub on a trailer. I have a commitment from a family member to drive down one of his 10 second drivers to show with other modified Austin Healeys. It is also a small open header cruise, if you like to make noise.

g

• 4 weeks later...

oh my gawd! Thats insane! I hate that color! What did you use to get rid of it??? What kind of stripping did you do?

What did you use for the interior? Like over the rear strut towers, what is that? Is it carpetting?

That hood is sick! What one is it?

• 10 months later...
I like the L-88 hood, but how close was the 5.3 stock truck intake to fitting?

Thanks!!

I would say about an inch or a little bit more. If you are living in Bakersfield you can come by an see for yourself.

Great work Miles.

Is your shifter cable or rod operated? It looks as if it is a Maxima? Do you have any photos of your shifter/transmission hookup that you can share?

Great car.

g

Its been a while since I did that and will look if I took pictures if I have them. Yes, it is operational but for some reason its stop at drive.

oh my gawd! Thats insane! I hate that color! What did you use to get rid of it??? What kind of stripping did you do?

I cant remember what stripper (what it paint stripper) I used. If you are really interested I could find out, let me know.

What did you use for the interior? Like over the rear strut towers, what is that? Is it carpetting?

Yes it is carpet.

That hood is sick! What one is it?

I found the scoop on Ebay and cut a hold in the hood.

I would say about an inch or a little bit more. If you are living in Bakersfield you can come by an see for yourself.

Bakersfield eh? Your profile says 'az'.

What part of Bako are you in? I live in Oildale.

So was the truck intake an inch too high, correct? Are you running the truck oil pan too?

Give me a call sometime 661-565-2866, my name is Cable.

This guy hasn't responded to a single question since he posted this, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer...

He was to busy with the wife and son probably driving all around in his new toy. LOL. Really like how clean the front seats look. I like you exhaust also, who makes it.

He was to busy with the wife and son probably driving all around in his new toy. LOL. Really like how clean the front seats look. I like you exhaust also, who makes it.

Thanks, the exhaust starts with a pair of Camaro intakes with the flanges cut off to fit and welding a 2.5 exhaust pipe from there. I choose to use the Hooker Tunable Mufflers and is very pleased with the result. The car is one of the quietest V8 I have ever heard at idle but give it some gas and you will wake the monster. Its a custom job that only cost $180.00 minus the mufflers.