HybridZ

Z Emblem

RedFive

So I was fooling around on the 3D printer today and came up with this...

I saw the bird in a book called "Dashboards" and it's an old logo from a 1929 Hispano-Suiza. You can't really see my plastic part very well because I took the picture with my cell phone, but it has all the same grooves as the scanned photo I've attached.

I'm not sure I like it, what do you guys think? I think I might print a new one without the legs hanging out. I just wanted something different than the standard Z logo in there.

If anybody has any ideas for something else I could toss in the circle, lets hear it. I'm open to other ideas!

06-17-08_1536_thumb.jpg

datsunstork_thumb.jpg

Nah, I wasn't really looking to sell any, I think my superiors might frown upon that. :)

--Edit--

But if somebody really wanted a custom logo/emblem/etc or anything fabbed in plastic, I could draw it up in Catia and farm it out to another printer...*shrug*

That's pretty neat.

I think a better picture might be in order before deciding on whether it suits the Z or not. In the picture it's just a white blob really and can't see any detail.

I really like the idea though, and IF something that was interesting enough could be made in similar fashion I might actually consider keeping those vents and not "shaving" them. For some reason I hadn't thought about making a different logo for that area.

i agree with jerry. a swan or a pelican has no place on a z.

sure it swallows engines and dances on one foot depending on what rear end is equipped, but it's not enough to pursued me to say I like the thought of a bird on the Z :-/

Hmm, well it's definitely not either of those birds you mentioned. And I pretty much already said I didn't like it. I was looking for constructive suggestions................

Well excuse me for sounding harsh, but that's just the nature of what I do. I create/modify/reject logos and creative brands. The Z has a strong brand, and I'm not sure how to be "constructive" about something you don't like that you've decided to bring in for discussion.

"Here's a bird. I don't like this bird. Do you like this bird?"

That's more or less what your first post says. So in a way, I'm just agreeing with you. :mrgreen: