HybridZ

Whats the quickest V8 240z you guys know of

I was running high 10's at 135 but it was breaking stock axles every 3 or 4 runs. So, I was working on it more than I was driving it. Even when it ran high 11's at 120 (no n20) it was breaking stock rear drive line parts more often than I would like. Sure you can go fast in V8 Z, but using stock rear drive lines can be short lived and dangerous at high power levels.

• 4 weeks later...
Warren, ah yes, I have seen this car before, just shows what a 1.1 60ft can do for ya.

Man I wish I could get off the line like that, one day hopefully I will, lol.

Thanks.

It probably helps that he extended the wheelbase on that car. From another thread the owner posted that the wheelbase is 98" long with a fiberglass front end that's been stretched 6". They cut up 4 fenders and 2 hoods to create the molds.

It probably helps that he extended the wheelbase on that car. From another thread the owner posted that the wheelbase is 98" long with a fiberglass front end that's been stretched 6". They cut up 4 fenders and 2 hoods to create the molds.

Yeah, stopping mine from trying to flip over backwards is my biggest challenge at the moment,

Rob

Mine is 94" with the stock steel body and fenders. I pushed the front struts foward and streached the rear wheel wells. Only fiberglass is the hood. I did get a 1.159 60" in Sacramento N/A with a single 4 sbc on gas. The down side to running fast with a short wheelbase is I have been on the roof two times in the Datsun.

If you need some 4 link settings let me know. I am running the chassie works eliminator 2 4 link set up.

HELL YEAH!!!! 1.159 would get me into the 7s, the car runs straight and we've run 162mph with 60deg inlet temps and no nos.

The new setup we are hoping for 170mph+ and that combined with even a good solid 1.2 would get 7s I think,

any help would be great, how did you find your center of gravity? and where did you put your 4 link intersection point relative to that?

PM or e-mail me if you like rips@inspire.net.nz

Rob

I figured the center of gravity as the camshaft on my sbc. I have the crank center line at 10". The IC point is 42.5" out and 4.125" up. Front strut extension full tight. Rear shocks 4 on compression 6 on extension. 5.5psi in rear 32X14.5X15 hoosiers on 15X14 rims.

I figured the center of gravity as the camshaft on my sbc. I have the crank center line at 10". The IC point is 42.5" out and 4.125" up. Front strut extension full tight. Rear shocks 4 on compression 6 on extension. 5.5psi in rear 32X14.5X15 hoosiers on 15X14 rims.

Jap Tin, are there any videos posted of your car? Jerry