HybridZ

How long does stored Gasoline last????

midnight-z

I would like to know if any has expearince or knodlege of stored gas

or how long until its expired/no good I'm guessing 2 months

I have a car that died october 14 2007 I got the gas the 2 days before oct 12 2007

exactly 7 gallons of precious BP 93 octane @ $3.26 gall from a certain station that has certided 93 octane where me and my STi wrx friend only put.

exact contents

fuel stabilizaer added two week older octane boosted 1/4 gas and 1/4 fresh gas = my Half tank of Gas

I think it might be to late to use this tank of gas in that car

but can it be transfered over my Z ?

or Will it just create a mess ?

Because my fuel guage doesn't work and I have no clue If I can make it to the Petro on the other side of town

I have maybe 1/2 gall and it will slosh around

I've been told straight gas is good for about 30 days before it starts to turn. Premium goes a little longer. Fuel stablizer lasts longer but the main thing you need to do is fill the gas tank all the way up. The less air is in the tank the less likely it will go bad.

I got my ZX home after it had sat in the school shop yard for over a year (PO couldn't find a transmission) with about 1/4 tank and it fired right up once I got it put back together.

On the other hand, I have a Toyota in the garage that sat for a few months and the gas was worthless. Really, you never know until you test it.

We stored a 89 FZR1000 for 32 months in a garage cold dry storage. Thought for sure the carbs were done but when I fired it up it last month actually runs and idles better than ever! Amazing really considering the time. The key was a full tank, TONS of stabil in the gas and can of sea foam in the tank. It may not answer your question but the stuff works!

I removed my 500e from storage today. It had a half tank of 93 octane that is at least 18 months old. After dealing with a dead battery, it started up, revved fine and idled smooth. I drove it for more than an hour and it ran just like it should.