HybridZ

turbo lq9 help!

OF course and the pics will be there step by step. I've finally got garage space again so project commencing will have first pics soon. I'M also an engineering student and very interested in grafting C5 suspension pieces and such. BTW the channel will be a custom lower chassis if i can pull it off, just take some time but rest assured I'm adamantly searching these threads. Figure I'll bug Y'all while I'm tearing it down, Thanks for all your help in advance.

Rk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always worked with a rising rate FPR, as it will extend the HP capabilities of the injectors. This does'nt mean that it can't be tuned out via HP tuners, although with a turbo, I suspect it to be difficult. I don't think that the stock ECM has the ability to adapt to positive atmospheric pressures (boost).

• 11 months later...
So what are the details on the swap. Did you use the truck headers? single or twins? Looks good from what I can see.

the truck header did not fit(the hit frame rails). I used mustang 5.0 unequal length header mated to ls1 flanges with 2.5 inch crossovers feedind a t76:mrgreen:.I will post more pictures as soon as i can

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The headers and the "y" pipe are painted with vht exhaust high temp paint. Not sure how well it will hold up but it sure looks good now! You can't see it in the picture but i also put on a dei titanum turbo blanket which looks and fits great, probably one of the lowest profile turbo blankets ive seen yet