HybridZ

Project VQ is Underway!

EMWHYR0HEN

I finished up my exhuast with a Borla pro-xs. It's supost to flow really well but, it's a little too quiet for my liking. I think i'll be switching it out for a Borla XR-1 muffler.

Fuel system:

I lowered my fuel pump below the gas tank and redid my 3/8 aluminum lines which run beside the SFC. The feed line runs along the passenger side frame rail, connects to a tee fitting and then feeds both fuel rails from the front of the engine. The fuel then exits the fuel rails and goes into the FPR, down to one return line then back to the tank.

I'm on a tight budget so I used AN -6 barb fittings and high pressure power steering line.

Since ive started the engine it runs really smooth with out a hickup in the idle or anything. The engine is super responsive and revs fairly quickly for a stock engine .I'm sure the electronic TB has somthing to do with that which is starting to grow on me. Iv'e also noticed that the engine warms up quickly and operates at a higher temperature than the RB did.

For you potential VQ swappers here are some specs:

2006 VQ35DE

Layout: 60 degree V6 DOHC 4-valves per cylinder

Bore and stroke: 95.5 x 81.4

Compression Ratio: 10.3:1

HP : 300 @6400 RPM

Torque: 260 ft.lb. @4800 RPM

Redline : 7000 RPM

Variable valve timing for intake and exhaust camshafts

Weight: 330 LBS (engine only w/o clutch and flywheel)

6-speed trans.

Anyway, Heres a short vid of the engine running.

whoooooaaaaa man, my heart, shes a thumpin......

d0000d.. D00000000D!!!!1!!!!1!!

thank you so much for making this happen. I mean, I have heard VQ exhaust before, and I knew, intellectually, that I would see my S30 girl talking with that voice soon enough.. but now I SEEN it. Thanks.

oh yah, and the unchained melody was a nice touch :D

Nice job! that's very impressive to say the least. I can only hope when my turn comes around that I can do half as nice a job. Your exhaust sounds great too! I see you're going to use the 350z stock gauges. That's I'm sure a great idea. but how are you planning on integrating it with the L28 dash, or are you? it all looks great, and I love the white for the S30 :icon14:, that color is definitely in the running for my Z..

You rock, now get it on the road n lets hear how it sounds driving down the street. :D

Phar

Thanks guys.

I've still got quite a few things to do before shes back on the road. I've decided not to use the stock 350Z gauges as they didnt blend well with the aluminum dash. I'll be ordering a tach adapter and continue to use my mechanical autometer gauges.

I've been looking through my FSM and I was able to find where to tap into the wiring for the fuel pump signal, brake lights, high/low beam headlights and other various accessories. I highly recomend an FSM to any future swappers.

Thanks guys.

I've still got quite a few things to do before shes back on the road. I've decided not to use the stock 350Z gauges as they didnt blend well with the aluminum dash. I'll be ordering a tach adapter and continue to use my mechanical autometer gauges.

I've been looking through my FSM and I was able to find where to tap into the wiring for the fuel pump signal, brake lights, high/low beam headlights and other various accessories. I highly recomend an FSM to any future swappers.

Well, hold on to those factory gauges, I might want to buy them from you when I get to do mine. :)

So, how are you going to get the Speedo to work then? I thought the Factory Speedo was timed off the electronics in the tranny, with no accessible VSS. Where does your mechanical Speedo connect?

Phar