HybridZ

This is a scam right?? Craiglist add for 300zx TT...

JSM

This can't be for real? Just doing some searching and came across this:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/837025019.html

Looks super sweet and the price seems crazy low so I emailed. This is the response:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my car. Let me tell you a few words about the car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, it is in perfect condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, it runs very well. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING). It has 118000 miles and the VIN # is: JN1CZ24A6LX001525 . It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name.

I have the pictures hosted on the internet and you can see them at : http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr134/300zx22/

I am selling the car at this price because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i owned this car, now as a woman i don`t need it (i don`t have driver license)....We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Marrie Hisfeld ,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I responded w/ this:

Where is the car located and where can I contact you by phone? I would like to see this in Person in Orlando, FL.

Here is the red flag for a scam>>

We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).

eBay has no such thing.

Thanks Joel that was my thought too.

The other red flag:

Thanks for being interested in buying my car.

It seems like every scam known to man starts off with this kind of tag line. You know, "thanks for being interested in my ad, thanks for looking past my poor translation of the english, thanks for sending me all your personal info so I can scam you, and also thanks for emailing back so I can forward your address to my other 100 Nigerian friends.

I have never dealt with a real person that starts off by saying thanks for being interested in my add. You have to give them credit though, they are persistent. "Let me tell you a few words about the car"

And what is this line suppose to mean in America? --"now as a woman i don`t need it". I say foreign scammer all the way.

Aww, the post got flagged for removal. I do know of a late model 300zxtt 2+2 w/ 132k miles for sale in my area with a blown head gasket for $2000 though.

It was a very Nice yellow TT w/ body kit, BBS rims and such. Looked very clean. I zoomed in on the tag and it looked like NJ Plates.

Never did get a response to my email.

Funny did a Zaba Search on her name w/ no results either: www.zabasearch.com

it means that she's a chick and doesn't like awesome sports cars. none the less, it's a scam 100%

the line that annoys me is this

what does THIS have anything to do with being a woman?

and by "we" she means the buyer and seller will use the ebay protection. (which is a lie)

More than likely the country the scammer comes from doesn't allow women to have a license so it makes sense to him.

Almost the exact same wording was on a craigslist ad here in Sacramento several weeks ago. I received the same response about opening the ebay protection thing. Of course I never responded, seemed to fishy to me.

They used photos of a nice emerald green 300ZXtt. Who ever it is seems to be making the rounds about the country.

Got an update on the 2nd email I sent. Free shipping to boot!

--------------------------------------

Hi,

The car is located in Dallas(i just moved here with my new job),like i told we will use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection,so we can both be protected and insured.I just need your full name and full address so eBay can send you the Invoice in which you`ll see how to make this transaction.The shipping is free i will take care of it and i will send the car with all the papers( vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ) i am just waiting your full name and address to complete the shipping papers and start the delivery process.

Thanks

--------------------------------------

I then replied w/ this:

Actually send me $500 so I can fly out there and I'll drive it back home. You'll save on shipping the car and i'll bring you cash.

Thanks,

Jeff