HybridZ

DC Water Jet's 202mph Z-Car

recieved record certificate, Happy but i need to put at least another 20mph to achieve my goal.

Been a while since i have been on the board, If anyone is headed out to Bonneville stop by and say hi.

its been a rough year ($$$$) but i think we will make it.

post-5259-071547900 1278860126_thumb.jpg

We had our first DNS at El Mirage this past weekend. Andy bumped the new extinguisher actuator plunger and, well....there went a $600 charge for nothing. :(

I guess there's later in the year. We got, after all the hemming and hawing, reduced to GT class by the Roadster Contingent. A 2+2 is no longer considered a 'production' vehicle, so we will be unable to better any of our former records.

Now Coupes (which were always GT) will compete with 2+2's in the same class. A great step forward in the inclusive environment on the dirt. Nothing like being scared your DOHC Monza has to compete with an aerodynamic brick with a 50 year old Japanese SOHC engine design. Gawd forbid...:angry:

We had our first DNS at El Mirage this past weekend. Andy bumped the new extinguisher actuator plunger and, well....there went a $600 charge for nothing. :(

I guess there's later in the year. We got, after all the hemming and hawing, reduced to GT class by the Roadster Contingent. A 2+2 is no longer considered a 'production' vehicle, so we will be unable to better any of our former records.

Now Coupes (which were always GT) will compete with 2+2's in the same class. A great step forward in the inclusive environment on the dirt. Nothing like being scared your DOHC Monza has to compete with an aerodynamic brick with a 50 year old Japanese SOHC engine design. Gawd forbid...:angry:

Hi Tony

Well that SUCKS, I thought Production was that you met the rules for a production car. didnt matter if it had 2 doors or 100. Dont have my rulebook with me but im going to have a look at that just out of curiosity. got our motor back we will put it in on Saturday.

post-5259-048980000 1279078028_thumb.jpg

Seems like the anti S30 phobia is a world wide thing. In AU its the same, S30's costing a fraction of what eg a competitive 911 would cost being handicapped out of contention. Yes you can come second but not win sort of thing. Anyway all the best, keep banging away :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just Back from the salt. well it wasnt a grerat year we did learn some things and came home safe. Tuesday made a 211mph pass which qualified us to go to impound because the record in our class is 207. We decided not to go to impound because my goal is 225mph to get in the club. We made some adjustments and came back in the afternoon with a 223mph run with a 10mph headwind. I was happy with that so we took it to impound. on the record return run Wed morning they switched courses and i was the 3rd car out. soon as i took off i could tell it was going to be a slippery run. I was going 200mph at the 3 mile marker and shortley after that i spun the car. I guess i was probably in the 215 range. So that ended our trip for the year. I have some in car camera videos of the 223mph run and the spin. I will try to figure out how to get videos posted and get them on here in the next couple of days. 223mph average is the fastest average for a mile we have on the car so far. Im happy with that but dissapointed i didnt get a 225mph average to meet the Min for me to get in the club.

THANKS for your support

Gary Cole DCwaterjet Z

Thanks for posting the vids -- they were great to watch.

Not ever having been to the salt, this may be a dumb question BUT...

How did those support vehicles know when and where you were going to spin? I mean, it's like they appear out of nowhere! They show up less than ten seconds after you drop the F-bomb when your spin is over. It's uncanny....

Sorry about the F-bomb in the video, I was so close to getting a red hat. if i would have gone 227mph on that run i would have got it, I was just frustrated because i knew my week was over after the spin. As for the Emergency crew there are people placed all along the course for emergencies. I guess i just happened to spin where these guys were at.