HybridZ

280zx fiberglass body panels

Z-Monster

Dear Brothers of the 280zx's,

I am searching high and low for some one in hybridz who has made up fiberglass front fender panels/doors and rear hatch for my beloved 280zx. I have the means to making these parts myself here in malaysia but its very time consuming and this means i will have to take the panels off my own car and make the mould... i'm lazy and i dont want to have my car out of commission for so long... i have lotsa events and races to attend with my newly built RB30det 280zx... as you all can see from the picture i have made a fiber bonnet in the picture below.

10513_thumb.attach

10514_thumb.attach

Wow...that is a simply stunning 280ZX...absolutely beautiful. I love the color and an RB30 would be incredible...WOW! Congratulations on an incredible car.

Who made your hood? They did a great job with it. I am not sure how keen I would be with fiberglass doors. Fenders would be cool.

I have an 8lb Custom Carbon Fiber Hood that was made by John Coffey at Beta Motorsports. Try contacting him, he is part of the furniture here at HybridZ :)

I also have a rare fiberglass front spoiler as well.

Regards - Yasin

Dude wheres the car? Oh that thing behind the chick...lol

Hahahah thats a good one... i hate that the money shot i have has that chick standing there.

Any one of you want a fiberglass bonet??? i have a mold for the ori.. the air ducts are extra... i'm taking orders for the US but i will need to find out the shipping of these pcs to the states... the bonet itself oli cost USD300 a pc to make... shipping is the killer...let me know if any of you are interested.. it oly weighs a feathery 15 pounds i think...thats a guess

• 2 months later...
the babe was rented and the air ducts are customed u guys know anyone who makes fiberglass panels???

The only company I knew that made fiberglass panels was Kaminari. I had called them some time ago about replacement body kit parts, and was told the molds were sold.

I had a set of fiberglass panels for the front and rear, which mimicked the electromotive racing car. I had left them at a friends house and they were destroyed accidentally.

I'll post pics.

My suggestion would be to see if you could pick up spare fenders and rear 1/4 panels to make your molds. It would probably give you time to perfect your panels.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.