HybridZ

Great idea for Hybrid Z!(Anyone in charge READ THIS)

ReefsRocket

Alright I was on some other forum and i come upon some great thing they have going on...How many times does someone write "RB cost and what do i do with these wires?" (<

So on this website when you go to start a new thread and you put in "RB driveshaft" it shows instantly all the threads that have those words in the title,And ironically enough i wasn't paying any attention and i wrote something then i look up at the screen and theres at least 5 threads on the questions i had.

I thought i should share that and one day stop all the madness...

^^ No,I believe that people should list what type of engine they want and have to read its FAQ and important stickys.But The idea i posted is great i dont ever want to see a (person in charge) tell someone to search again!!!!Just put that damn thing so it shows what threads have the same name,I'll give you the name of the forum its a t shirt forum though.

BUT MAKE HAPPEN!!!

kinda but lets say you wanna know about a "sr20 tb" you put it in and it shows peoples threads so people dont have to bitch and tell noobs to search,honestly though if they dont put it on here i hope noobs post questions like "Where does this bolt go?" and "is this a engine?" "Is this the hood,roof or trunk?"

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators
But The idea i posted is great i dont ever want to see a (person in charge) tell someone to search again!!!!

I hope you're not holding your breath.

Just put that damn thing so it shows what threads have the same name

And I have a few suggestions for you...

I've read a few of your posts and they've got a bit of an edge. If that's not your intentions, you probably ought to work on it.

If you have a suggestion to improve this forum, by all means, bring it forward. However, even if you have the 'idea of the year', delivering it while stomping your feet in the dirt won't get you anywhere.

We have a forum called "site support". Someone of your depth will understand why I moved this thread.

We've been running this forum pretty successfully for a long time. Its not perfect, but its damn good in my not so humble opinion. If you don't like it here, you may leave through the same door you came in. You're not a prisoner.

If you know how do it better, feel free to start reefsz.org

While I don't agree with the way the idea was brought up (Ron brings up some good points about tact and the "right way" to address issues); I think it may be a good concept.

It is different than what is shown at the bottom of threads now ( the similar threads list) - instead, it adds a button on the "Post new topic" screen which allows for a quick search to see if similar topics have been posted.

I know it is in use on TDIClub forums (also running vbulletin), so it may be an easy addition.

Here's a screenshot of where the button would end up:

scrnsht_thumb.jpg

I like the site,And don't see how this idea thats already on other vbulletins will be bad if not very good for Hybrid Z.

We need to look at our server capacity and how that query will affect response time. Its probably no big deal, but its another thing on the list of "things to do."

So who has the final say on this.

I think you're being too aggressive in your posting. I posted the module installation page to show that it's possible, and with the current version of vBulletin installed, it's somewhat of a simple process...

But there is something you don't seem to understand. there are posts in here starting from 2001. If you have to back up nearly a decade of pictures/ posts/ pdfs/ manuals/ and other information....

...YOU NEVER EVER EVER EVER install something on a well established and widely used (600 users online at a time) forum without backing up COMPLETELY to the hour before running an update like this. Small or large. There are some updates that clash with what HybridZ team has currently installed into the server's posting management interface.

...DO NOT rush them. this is something that has to be done along with OTHER updates and in an orderly fashion. When the time comes, there will be more than one update to the site at one time to facilitate a good server load status and not overload the server or the back-up device used by doing an update then backup, then update, then back up, repeat, repeat, repeat. It's stupid.

...BE PATIENT. there is more involved than you know. anyone who tells you any different probably has nowhere near even 100 members on their forum and almost 10 years of information to back up.

The "who" question was answered already

Ron Tyler does!

The "what" is pretty easy. Wait for him to make a decision. Just becuase you thought it up and say its a good idea doesn't mean he's going to drop everything that's on his plate (personal and work) to do your bidding. Relax, go search if your Z will do 200mph and then come back and see what his decision is.

I haven't got a straight answer noone seems intrested but they all say wait.Wait for who,to do what?

Here's your straight answer:

Its on our list of things to get done on this web site. Its not high on the list because there are more important support, reliability, and capacity issues to address, but its on the list. That's as straight as you're going to get it and no, we are not going to report status to you every hour. One day you'll just notice that additional feature. Until then, get on with your life and let this one go.