HybridZ

Black Friday.

MoNkEyT88

OMG, I went to buy an LCD TV from Walmart to use as my new computer monitor.

I got there at 5:00AM when the "sale opened". And the whole parking lot was full, and people were parking in the adjacent restaurant parking lots.

Wow. I walked in and asked a couple kids I saw walking out with 2 32" LCD's and they said that all the TV's were gone already.. wtf.. 5:02AM.

Then one kid shouts, "Hey, you can buy this from me for 100$, and then you can take it and pay for it."

I said, "Ha, that's more than the regular price, I could just buy a bigger one.."

So I left.. WTF.. Anyway. I guess I'm going TV shopping after work today.

I refused to go this year. I hate the whole concept and I hate the crowds. People are surly, inconsiderate and self-absorbed/centered. My wife dragged me along the last 2 years and I told her not again this year.

Saying that, she told me that this year the crowds were not that bad. She started at Wal-mart and was easily able to pick-up what she was after. Around 7 am she hit Staples (we have a Walmart, Staples and Target in the same complex) and they still have plenty of their doorbusters for sale.

What was the 50" Plasma deal?

I ended up buying a 32" Samsung LCD from Sears. It's a lot nice than the one from WM, but also costed a little bit more.

It has a lot higher contrast ratio, better response time, and a better warranty.

I'm satisfied.

I went after work, and didn't have to fight any shoppers, and they even brought it out to my car for me.

Oh, yeah.. I'm using it as a monitor.. I'm getting a tan.

samsung makes some NICE LCD screens. I have a T190 that I got from a circuit city clearance sale (they're closing the store) 19in with decent contrast ratio and a 2ms response time. the viewing angle kind of sucks, but it's great for gaming and plenty big for me (i hadn't realized how much bigger than it was compared to my 17in CRT till I remember the CRT only has a 15.9 viewable)

I could've gotten a bigger, better one, but this monitor only cost 200 dollars

i think black friday is stupid though. people seem to throw away rationality and humanity JUST because they want those special sales on low quantity items and crap.

wow, you should have been at the wal-mart in my town. LaGrande Oregon, you could tell most of the county is out of work right now the sale ended at 11 o'clock and there was over half of the tv's left. People were after $1.50 towels and $2 movies. I did get my kids a xbox 360 at 5 in the morning

Black Friday is just too intense. Our local Toys R Us was the site of the double homicide shooting. It gave new meaning to, "Shop 'til you drop". What are people thinking!?!?!

"Get in the car kids, time to go Christmas shopping...got my keys, cell phone, wallet, credit cards, .38 snubnose. I'm ready!"

I'll stick with shopping on-line. Similar deals, far less drama.

Dennis

People who wait in line for those sales are idiots (I apologies if I offend anyone). I buy everything the week of.

1:The flyer is out on sunday, so you can see what stuff is on sale and at how much.

2:By the time beginning of thanksgiving week, everything is on the sales floor.

3:Most of the big name stores offer price matching.

So I just go to where ever I bought my crap with the receipt and just go to the customer service and just have them pay me back the difference. This year I just went there at like 9 or 10. It was busy, but not insanely busy and I was out the door with my cash in about 15 min.

^ this is genious!

Black friday is sheer hell if your working retail.

:P I know. As short of a time that I worked in retail ( more like worked next to. I worked in the service department) I learned many things and how they use smoke and mirrors :P

Black Friday is STUPID. You can always finds anything on ebay for way cheaper, and three people DIED this year because they got STRAMPLED over. Jeezus christ man.

"PERSON" not people. Get your fact straight.

And the guy was only 32 and only a part timer, not the usual senior that they have greet people.

I try not be assocciated with a group that large. Mob mentality, everybodies IQ goes down :P.

And 2 people that shot each other, they would killed each other anyways. It just happened to go down in a toys-r-us.

Here is a better plan

1) Go to websites such as bfads.net (black friday ads . net)

Employees will sneak out black friday ads and scan them and list the products for sale and door busters!!

2) BUY the product before black friday at full retail

3) Walk in with your receipt sometime after black friday or later during that day. Virtually every company has a price match guarantee... such as.. If the product goes in sale within 30 days of the purchase they will refund you the difference!

4) Get the difference back and avoid the stupid long lines and freezing cold.

5) Enjoy

Here is a better plan

1) Go to websites such as bfads.net (black friday ads . net)

Employees will sneak out black friday ads and scan them and list the products for sale and door busters!!

2) BUY the product before black friday at full retail

3) Walk in with your receipt sometime after black friday or later during that day. Virtually every company has a price match guarantee... such as.. If the product goes in sale within 30 days of the purchase they will refund you the difference!

4) Get the difference back and avoid the stupid long lines and freezing cold.

5) Enjoy

Ummm. I already posted such strategy 5 post ago

I know this will sound a bit like bragging, but I managed to get everything I needed for Christmas off of eBay this year, almost all of it prior to Black Friday.

I was inspired by an article that one of my company's clients had us put on their site: The $100 Christmas. I managed to buy for everyone on my list and spend less than $100, allowing a little extra for myself or other related expense.

Personally, I'm tired of the Christmas blitz, the campy music, the manufactured enthusiasm and the yearly repetition of tired and hokey traditions, the useless extravagance...how many more times do I really want to sit through A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and all of the really BAD children's fantasy stop-motion animation specials from the '60s? Do I really need to hear three different versions of Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad over and over and over again, in every freakin' store? If I hear John Lennon sing And So This is Chritsmas one more time, I'm going to HURT someone.:fmad:

I like Thanksgiving a lot more. Two days. No hype. A Friday off of work afterward and a whole weekend to get home. Good food and time with the family without expectations of fufilling obligations to give someone a gift you've got no guarantee they like, simply because that's what we do this time of year.

Why screw up Thanksgiving for yourself by running around the next day like a maniac, risking life and limb(quite literally now), just to save a few bucks?

Play it safe and smart folks, and take it easy. Enjoy Chistmas for what it should be. One day off with the family. It's not about the gifts...or the two-month-long madness leading up to it.

Ummm. I already posted such strategy 5 post ago

What you posted said the following :

People who wait in line for those sales are idiots (I apologies if I offend anyone). I buy everything the week of.

1:The flyer is out on sunday, so you can see what stuff is on sale and at how much.

2:By the time beginning of thanksgiving week, everything is on the sales floor.

3:Most of the big name stores offer price matching.

So I just go to where ever I bought my crap with the receipt and just go to the customer service and just have them pay me back the difference. This year I just went there at like 9 or 10. It was busy, but not insanely busy and I was out the door with my cash in about 15 min.

The ads do not come out on sunday.. they come out on THANKSGIVING day! the day before the sales!!

I've never seen black friday ads come out a week before the sales!