HybridZ

Would 280ZX into a 240Z offer more stiffness?

What are your plans for the car? A V8 swap does not require a suspension change. If your stock stuff is shot or you want to go racing then of course you need to upgrade. My 280Z ran for years without problems with the stock suspension. I put lowering springs and new struts on it last year when I did the LT1 swap, it does handle a lot better now.

I searched, and cant find this answer. I am doing a V8 swap, have to change suspension anyway, would this route work to stiffen up with the extra weight of the V8, or do you just suggest coil overs? or stiffer/ different springs. Thanks is advance.

Thanks guys! I am going to use it for drag racing/autox, and some road racing later in the year. the JTR manual reccomends changing to stiffer suspension. I am going for a 400hp V8 swap. I will donate to this site no problem......how do I do that? By the way, I picked up a 280ZX 5speed with no motor, just so I can get the rear end: R200 and axles. Since you guys replied to my question, you can have free pickins on the remainder of the car if you want some parts, let me know. Thanks.