HybridZ

Teaser pics of my 3" downpipe

wigenOut-S30

Here are some teaser pics of my 3" mandrel down pipe. I'm just about done with it. Gotta finish up welding the flange and need to get a 3 bolt flange for the back. Then I need to cut my 2.5" flange off my exhaust and weld the flex pipe in and flange on it. After the exhaust is all welded up I can start on the wastegate placement.

DSCF01221.jpg

DSCF01231.jpg

DSCF01252.jpg

DSCF01261.jpg

DSCF01311.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

Looks great man!

Just a question, do you normally run an intake heat shield? After looking at that last photo (good only open web manifold) it reminded me just how close those ports are... you don't really notice with a webbed manifold.

I do have a heat shield. At this time Im not sure if I will use it or not. the manifold is ceramic coated. I am also going to coat the exhaust housing and downpipe. That should help with some heat.

Those open webs sure demonstrate the issue very well. (I think that is what I was trying to write in my last post)

I actually added a SS heat shield between the exhaust manifold and the turbo inducer as well. There are tapped bosses in place on the exhaust manifold that can easily be used for that. It was pretty basic, just 1 bend IIRC.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Pipe is all stainless steel. I cannot remember the gauge. I want to say .60.

here are the pics of it all finished up. I have been running it for quite some time now with great success!

med_3in_exhaust_008.jpg

med_3in_exhaust_0051.jpg

med_3in_exhaust_009.jpg

med_techline_coating_002.jpg

med_techline_coating_008.jpg

I have the gate vented open right now but in the near future I will be routing it back in.