HybridZ

Swapping My LS1 into another Z!

So I drove her!

I had to make my clubs last bbq meet for the year so today was now or next year. I have to thank Joe for letting me use his home as my second home and for the help. I wouldn't be able to have the car where it is today if it wasn't for him. Thanks to Dave also for coming to help and hang out when he can.

So speedo doesn't work, steering wheel cocked to one side, brakes are low and smelled like fumes...yay glad to be back in the Z!! :mrgreen:

All minor things as I start to debug her again. 80 miles of just a smile on my face after over 6 months of no Z car.

Here she is today: cygnusx1 took the pic

676486708_buqhB-L.jpg

More to come.....

My 1000th post is to post my Z is back on the road.....wow! Hmmm anyone a beating person...which post # will it be for the turbo car to be on the road...lol

DAMNIT! Those are the EXACT RIMS (ccw?) i want on my Z! I am also extremely happy you live near me haha, this upcoming months should be very fun, my screen name is Negligence0 if your ever online btw, i think im gonna be around this weekend if you want to chill at all

If you are around tomorrow in the AM let me know. We are heading to the CT event and maybe you can get a rid out there.

Yes those are CCW. Still going for the lsx? =)

Oh yes i am, ill let you know, i might have to go to VA with the girlfriend, If i dont go ill be in for some ♥♥♥♥, weighing the benefits/penalties

I wanna be part of the club already :( one more week! ...all i need is a motor, any suggestions on where to find a good one?

If you can afford/have the time....get a whole parts car. There are a few threads on why...if not I can explain in person.

also just figured id point this out but that "spoiler" that you are looking to buy is made by the infamous "PAULO" if you havent heard go look for the thread on the taillight panel, nothing wrong with zccjdm or whatnot but that is who sells it Paulo is the one making it. Just figured i would warn you/give you the heads up, very nice car, i think the only thing that i have that makes my "baby that will never be finished" have more carbon is the cowl that i have...but very nice and very close to what im wanting, but yours does run and is painted (my poor car wont see paint for probably another year). -Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I will have to check with Brian (azcarbum) because he is selling that spoiler through his site. Not sure who makes his stuff. Trust me, David and I dealt with Paulo long ago....thats how he got the tail light surrond to start making the cf parts for a 240.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So here is how she sits right now:

819904073_uFnqD-M.jpg

Dash is out to clean up the wiring harness. I will post some pics of that later and link it back here. I am also going through the brakes while I have the dash out because I am not getting the brake "feel" that I want, so I may install a 73 booster or a 280z booster. The car still has a vacuum leak somewhere.....Power windows are going in this weekend and the heat. Then I need to do some cleaning up of compound and put here back together. Then it will be off to get tuned, alignment, e-cutouts and weight taken. B)

Summer is coming so I need to get it done! Plus Joe is in need of the space......for the next car ;)

Here is my dash now and I will be installing leds in my autometer gauges. After pics will be posted.

819904153_oUUjW-M.jpg

819904114_s83yx-M.jpg

A mess!

So cleaning it all up:

Before

819904359_tPYHj-M.jpg

During

820368876_tJ3iN-M.jpg

820368825_XqhJ9-M.jpg

Finish product

820368993_MmWcg-M.jpg

Both gauges are done and back in stock 240z housings. Tomorrow I will wire up all the leds and install the leds for dash lighting. Also will pre-wire a radio and everything else needed to get everything to work in the dash. Dash will be done tomoorrow.

Then I can move on to the heat and the hoses.

Yep, Clive has acquired a new nic-name. He is now known as GARAGE HOG!

Joe

Joe, Puxatawny Clive rolled his car out of the garage the other day and saw it's shadow.   You are screwed!

Edited by cygnusx1