HybridZ

Swapping My LS1 into another Z!

Sorry Adam no bumpers for sale, gone long ago to BUZZ. I know of a NOS euro front bumper :flamedevi

So I have to order a new MC :icon56: The threads on this one is GONE and the end of the rod is mushroomed. To add to getting nothing done today, the Corbaeu seat rails don't fit worth sh*t. I then came here and searched and saw plenty of people has had the same problem. That will be fixed over then next couple of days. I have lots of little things to do so I guess I can move on to those for now...no driving it for another week! :shock:

Well I just took a look at the clutch master and I think it can be saved. I'll work on it tomorrow. The seats are using the same brackets that are in the yellow car. We'll get them in.

Joe

Yeah I think it can be saved with some cutting and welding, lol. I ordered another one just in case I screwed it up by having the piston come that far out in the cylinder.

As far as the seat brackets, I looked at yours I believe the are exactly the same. Not sure if my floor is not flat or because the brackets say 72 and on 240z if that makes a difference.

Reading the posts on you two guys talking to one another, it sounds just like Chris and I when we are working on my car. I am always asking a ton of "dumb" questions and seem doubtful whenever a problem arises and Chris is the one to remain calm and always finds a way to make everything work. Haha.

Well they sent me two of the same side seat brackets, so they do fit without modding the stock mounts. I plan to change the stock setup this winter or spring by welding a bolt in the stock hole so all you need to do is remove a nut rather than trying to stuff your hand under the seat to get the seats out. So by end of today both seats are in!

As far as some other parts.....CF hood/hatch/bumpers in the mail and FG air dam..not sure if I am going to like it but wanted to try something diffrent.

Still have to get power to the dash.....wait on the CM in the mail and pray throw out bearing is not stuck =(

The intake & TB is off!!!!!!!!!

That is because on a "test drive" in Joe's garage today, the adapter I had coming from the back of the motor that held the oil pressure sending unit broke. So of course about 2 quarts of oil spilled all over the place. So after finally listening to Joe and my short cut didn't work...I pulled the intake and such off. That takes about 8 mins and I had a spare fitting for the oil PS unit :mrgreen:

Have to do some cleaning and getting the right button head bolts to replace the ones there so I can put the fast intake on.

Intake off:

642660883_FQQaN-L.jpg

Before that lil screw up, I finished wiring up the euro tail lights and happy to say I have proper brake lights! Also need to do some trimming of the front air dam...not very happy with the fitment at all and MSA will hear about it tomorrow. Here is a shot of the car as she sits today.....

Front shot:

642660412_CjcRV-L.jpg

Euro Tails:

642660124_rbJzn-L.jpg

The Euro Tail lights look great. I'd run them too, but they're soooo expensive.

From your pic it looks like you don't have the rubber hood bumpers. Are you going to install them? I think they help the hood sit better (centered properly and less movement).

The Euro Tail lights look great. I'd run them too, but they're soooo expensive.

From your pic it looks like you don't have the rubber hood bumpers. Are you going to install them? I think they help the hood sit better (centered properly and less movement).

Yeah I plan to buy them, I have to put them on the Nissan to buy list. I know I will be sending you some pms in the next week or so.....waiting for my CF parts.

Yesterday the CF parts came in the mail and so far I have to say they look very good! I ordered them on 8/31 they were shipped 9/4 and got to me in NY on 9/10 :2thumbs:

Here are two pics of the parts just laying in place. I plan on getting them mounted this weekend and report back to you guys.

Front:

645840956_tubb6-L.jpg

Rear:

645841061_KWpon-L.jpg

I also have the bolts I needed for the intake coming via mail and should have that all button up mid next week. :burnout:

Front CF bumper came last night....I need to call MSA today and find out where the back bumper is...3 week back order

Wow sounds like you had an all around great experience with raceonusa.com

Are you using the stock hinges or pinning them on?

Oh yeah :trippen:

No pins!! :icon45:

I have a spare hood and hatch that I am going to get the mounting points from and put them on the CF parts. Bartman just did this and it looks great.

Yes very happy with raceonusa.com, honestly got here faster than I thought and they were very helpful with getting the parts shipped the same week I ordered.

That is one HOT looking Z. A new standard is being set!

Thanks Dave! You and Joe already know I painted my car because of you guyz...wit ur nice damn cars! :flamedevi

So at the point where I am mounting CF hatch and hood.

Hood-

I needed the stock hinges.....took them from a junk spare hood. I cut the old mounts out, then took an air chisel to it to get the spot welds off.

stock mount:

648641335_2jHtc-L.jpg

Of course took both sides off and ending up with this:

648640636_YC2Ks-L.jpg

648640899_CJFDk-L.jpg

Once sand blasted and painted mount both sides and you get:

648641114_smHix-L.jpg

Do not crank down on the bolts to the hood, will crack the FG.

So here she looks all done from the front:

648642025_Z9dte-L.jpg

Soooooooo the hatch :evil:

Took the mounts off:

648641678_BvS5D-L.jpg

From there it went down hill because as you will see in the next pic, I cut away too much material.....honestly at the spot welds is where the holes need to go into the CF hatch.

So my fix I am working on (Joe as welder): Weld a tab to the mount and bolt it all together...remove shims behind the hing on the body to line the hatch up correctly.

648641839_t9gvR-L.jpg

Any input on the hatch would be great.

So the intake bolts should be here this week, I took a day off (Friday) so I can drive it this week :burnout:

I say about 85% there.....

Hows does the CF hood fit,Is the fitment as good as the stock hood. Looks Great!!!

Thanks Dave! You and Joe already know I painted my car because of you guyz...wit ur nice damn cars! :flamedevi

So at the point where I am mounting CF hatch and hood.

Hood-

I needed the stock hinges.....took them from a junk spare hood. I cut the old mounts out, then took an air chisel to it to get the spot welds off.

stock mount:

648641335_2jHtc-L.jpg

Of course took both sides off and ending up with this:

648640636_YC2Ks-L.jpg

648640899_CJFDk-L.jpg

Once sand blasted and painted mount both sides and you get:

648641114_smHix-L.jpg

Do not crank down on the bolts to the hood, will crack the FG.

So here she looks all done from the front:

648642025_Z9dte-L.jpg

Soooooooo the hatch :evil:

Took the mounts off:

648641678_BvS5D-L.jpg

From there it went down hill because as you will see in the next pic, I cut away too much material.....honestly at the spot welds is where the holes need to go into the CF hatch.

So my fix I am working on (Joe as welder): Weld a tab to the mount and bolt it all together...remove shims behind the hing on the body to line the hatch up correctly.

648641839_t9gvR-L.jpg

Any input on the hatch would be great.

So the intake bolts should be here this week, I took a day off (Friday) so I can drive it this week :burnout:

I say about 85% there.....