HybridZ

Swapping My LS1 into another Z!

EvilC,

The Z is looking good !!! I am jealous of the time you guys get to work on your car!!! Clive in your visual opinion, you think a 335/35-17 tire would fit under the wide ZG? I am thinking of the testing the waters !!

335, will be too much I believe. I am very close right now to the spring perch and almost at the outside edge of the flare.

So spent some time past few days figuring out my lighting issues. With the new euro tails and finally learning how all lighting comes through the hazard switch, Joe and I decided to make my signal stalk become a 260/280. With Joe in the house looking at the wiring diagram and me in the garage studying the 240 diagram....finally got all lights to work!!!!!! :mrgreen: Huge deal because on the old Z, I had to stick my hand out the window when I saw a cop to make a turn :icon56: Side note: if you get a chance to pick up one of those color diagrams from EBAY of your s30, do it!!!

So today I tagged all wires and made all permanent connections. I think I will add the third brake light like cygnusx1 did and maybe red LEDS around the head light.

Been working on the hatch......and working on it still! The shape of the hatch has gotten better since adding all the weight to it on the ground for two days. We will have to see what happens once I add the weather stripping in. Also working on the hatch lock as you can see in the pic.

661665163_fuow6-L.jpg

It will be raining for the next few days......hope to have her out by Thursday!

Ok so not rushing and making sure everything works, I spent some time under my dash just to get the lighting to work. PITA. I found that there was a bad ground between the lighting circuit and the gauges. After many hours on my back and taking the gauges out.....I am happy to report that 3 hours of work is left. :shock:

The ground for the gauges are all made and the harness for the lights as well. I am going to try and find LEDs for the lighting today before I put them back in. Once all that is done and back in, I have to figure out how I am going to get my speedo and tach to stay in the right place.

Next is getting the heat back in the car....it is getting cold!

Ok so not rushing and making sure everything works, I spent some time under my dash just to get the lighting to work. PITA. I found that there was a bad ground between the lighting circuit and the gauges. After many hours on my back and taking the gauges out.....I am happy to report that 3 hours of work is left. :shock:

The ground for the gauges are all made and the harness for the lights as well. I am going to try and find LEDs for the lighting today before I put them back in. Once all that is done and back in, I have to figure out how I am going to get my speedo and tach to stay in the right place.

Next is getting the heat back in the car....it is getting cold!

Nice work man! Wanna wire my gauges when that time comes?

Jeff wiring is coming along....not as bad as I thought it would be. Nice to learn something new!

Pic of the car in front of the shop late night:

666568536_zNPZk-L.jpg

Tucked away the fuel lines, nut and bolted the car, drained trans fluid (2 quarts 2 much), made clearance for the alternator (2 close 2 driver side mount), hooked up reverse lights (huge because all my lights neva worked in the old Z), and drove her on and off the trailer. She is close to be actually taken for more than a 2 min drive.....excited!

So last night I get home from work very late and park the dd in my normal spot outside the garage since Clive's car has been here. I look at the thread and get all excited when I see the picture that the car actually drove to the Bronx!

I have been working from home today and while on a conference call I hear Clive's car start. WTF? Look out the window and see him pulling it of a trailerand putting it back in the garage!! Seems the car has now become a trailer queen! :lol:

The first paragraph might be a little fuzzy but it sounds better than the truth of which I am sure Clive will correct:)

Joe

Nice! I'm getting all giddy.

Mirrors?

Thanks, mirrors.....I am now looking for black fender mirrors (1tuffz) :icon45:

little_league_rookie_sticker-p217806151829746672qjcl_400.jpg

:lmao:

Nice! I am going to print that and put it here in my cube. :mrgreen:

So last night I get home from work very late and park the dd in my normal spot outside the garage since Clive's car has been here. I look at the thread and get all excited when I see the picture that the car actually drove to the Bronx!

I have been working from home today and while on a conference call I hear Clive's car start. WTF? Look out the window and see him pulling it of a trailerand putting it back in the garage!! Seems the car has now become a trailer queen! :lol:

The first paragraph might be a little fuzzy but it sounds better than the truth of which I am sure Clive will correct:)

Joe

Nope nope nope.....Joe tells the perfect story.....trailer queens are the best type of Z cars. Gotta get heat in the car before I take it out.

I remember when Clive built mortal drivers. One revision later, he builds immortal trailer queens? That's progress...or is it?

Well you guys have such nice cars around here, I just want to be part of the club. :ass:

• 2 weeks later...

So I drove her!

I had to make my clubs last bbq meet for the year so today was now or next year. I have to thank Joe for letting me use his home as my second home and for the help. I wouldn't be able to have the car where it is today if it wasn't for him. Thanks to Dave also for coming to help and hang out when he can.

So speedo doesn't work, steering wheel cocked to one side, brakes are low and smelled like fumes...yay glad to be back in the Z!! :mrgreen:

All minor things as I start to debug her again. 80 miles of just a smile on my face after over 6 months of no Z car.

Here she is today: cygnusx1 took the pic

676486708_buqhB-L.jpg

More to come.....

My 1000th post is to post my Z is back on the road.....wow! Hmmm anyone a beating person...which post # will it be for the turbo car to be on the road...lol

How is the quality of those zccjdm CF products?

Also, whats up with the hood latch?

The CF hood and hatch is from raceoneusa and the CF bumpers from MSA and CF flares from Justin.

I can say the only part I am not happy with yet is the hatch., still working on it. The hood isn't closed in the picture that you see.