HybridZ

Who has a CF hatch?

janaka

Ok so I have a few things on my 'want to do and dream' list and a CF hatch is on it for some reason. :-D

Anyway I'm interested to see what people are doing who have them. I'm interested to know if you are using the stock lock mechanism or if you have pins/aerocatch system to keep it in place/lock it.

Almost more importantly do you have a spoiler mounted to it, and if so which one and what combination of the above are you using with the spoiler.

I like the CF hatch but I know of the importance of the rear spoiler for stability etc on the Z's plus I think it personally adds a lot to the look of the car.

Any input/experience is much appreciated as always.

Thanks

Jason

I've got John C's CF hatch held in place with pins. I have an IMSA rear spoiler mounted to the hatch. It's held on the hatch with 2 3/8 inch bolts and some 2 inch diameter washers. It's been on the track for about a year and a half with no problems.

Just sold a CF hatch with polycarbonate window, stainless button heads holding it in place, and two aluminum hold down straps. 9.5 lbs. total. The hatch itself was 4.5 lbs. Greg Ira is running one of my CF hatch skins on his EP 240Z with the skin itself weighing in at just at 2 lbs.

Alex, where did you get the duck tail? That's about perfect for my needs.

Wow, that ducktail is NICE! I really dont even usually like the bre type deals, but WOW. Where did you get that?

Thank you all for the kind words about the CF duck tail/CF hatch combo -soon to be-, I been getting a few amount of e-mails asking of where I acquire the CF Duck Tail, I purchased the CF D.tail from Brian a true gentleman to do businesses with, his information is below.

Z Car Custom's-JDM

Your Source for KAMEARI -JDM Products!

www.zccjdm.com

P.O. Box #213

Terrebonne, OR. 97760

541-913-6530

www.azcarbum@msn.com

I hope that I am not hijacking this thread with the information giving:-D.

Alex

Thank you all for the kind words about the CF duck tail/CF hatch combo -soon to be-, I been getting a few amount of e-mails asking of where I acquire the CF Duck Tail, I purchased the CF D.tail from Brian a true gentleman to do businesses with, his information is below.

Z Car Custom's-JDM

Your Source for KAMEARI -JDM Products!

www.zccjdm.com

P.O. Box #213

Terrebonne, OR. 97760

541-913-6530

www.azcarbum@msn.com

I hope that I am not hijacking this thread with the information giving:-D.

Alex

No hijack. I was one of the people who messaged you for the above information!

I have a FG hatch for sale including the Lexan window. PM if interested. This thing weighs practically nothing. But be aware... these lightweight hatches are only for those who don't need to open them all the time. If you need constant access to the cargo area then stick with the steel hatch. However just adding the duck tail is fine.

Never been a 'Whale Tail' fan...even when they were 'current trendy' in the 70s. That CF Duck Tail however....that looks SHARP !! I am certain that it will have tremendous wind forces against it, so mounting should be 'over engineered' one would think. I'd be interested in how that progresses....