HybridZ

New SFI Head & Neck Protection

Mayolives

The Defnder head and neck restraint was on display at last months PRI show. I inspected it very closely and found it to be well constructed, certainly as easy to attach to the helmet and weighed abouth the same as the Hans and was down and dirty priced at the $499.00 show special. If I didn't already have a Hans, I would but it today. Now I'll preach..........IMHO we devote too much of our track budget to going faster and too little to be more safe. This Defnder retails for about what two decent race tires would cost and could prevent a very serious, or even worse event from happening. It's all fun and games till the hammer drops on your toe!

ctrp_0901_01_zdefNder_team_issuehea.jpg

QUOTE: "Hows the left to right movement?"

The demonstrator stated it was better than the Hans but it appeared to me to be as good as my sliding tether style Hans.

OUOTE: "Does it have any sort of seat compatibility issues?"

It looks like it would fit most any race seat that was sold as "Hans" compatible.

NOTE and IMHO: Another thing I liked about this device was it's apparent ability to keep your shoulder harnesses in place, perhaps even better than my Hans. My only dislike was its ugly, iridescent, fire fly green color.

My only dislike was its ugly, iridescent, fire fly green color.

Grey Matter has a tendency to mute that effect once it's all over the device after impact...

Bad Taste? I'm no Charley Tuna and never claimed to be... and it's full moon and past midnight and the rum is flowing. I blame the rum for my comment. That's it, it's the rum...