HybridZ

weatherstrip kit

Adrian1310

I have one I'll part with for a 240. My understanding is the only difference is the door weatherstrips, and I'd go with the universal weatherstrips people get from http://www.mcmaster.com or jcwhitney on those anyway. You should be able to search and double check me on that. It looks like they're $250 now. I'll go $175 and I'll cover shipping if you're interested. I bought it about a couple years ago and then my car went more and more in the racecar direction and I can't use any of it anymore. It's just been sitting in the garage.

You can save the cost of weather stripping on the doors. Acura integra 94-2000 door weather stripping from a junk yard works super sweet and it's longer than a datsun's. You'd have to chop it up and fit it to your door, but other than that it's worked for me. Hope that saves you some scrilla.

Dont buy from black dragon. By far the worst company out there. And none of it fits right.

You will get ignored when you call back. Kept getting same story that they would call me back (multiple times).

Dont waste your money on this trashy company with trashy parts. Look somewhere else.

I ended up buying a kit from ebay. Works well and fits better then the expensive trash that shitty dragon sent me.

Yeah I've always had good luck with Black Dragon Auto, they have a nice catalog and some parts they have you can't find anywhere else. Only this I wonder is why the 260z weatherstripping kit is $100 more than the 240z and 280z kits... What is with that?

I just got my Weatherstrip kit from MSA a couple days ago. I'd ordered a bunch of parts last summer (July) and had to split my order up to get the Datsun finished up and on the road last year. I had them send up everything they had in stock i'd ordered (wheel cylinders was the main thing I needed at the time.

And then just this past week my Weatherstrip kit, MOMO Pedals, and headlight trim rings were shipped. So that's what 6+ months?

Why the rush to have one right away?

You can save the cost of weather stripping on the doors. Acura integra 94-2000 door weather stripping from a junk yard works super sweet and it's longer than a datsun's. You'd have to chop it up and fit it to your door, but other than that it's worked for me. Hope that saves you some scrilla.

No kidding? I'll have to go digging this weekend, my door seals are next to non-existent. Any trouble getting them off / tips / tricks I should know?

...and as far as the McMaster seals are concerned, I couldn't find anything after an exhaustive search of their site.

I did the same: I went to the junkyard, found a car in good shape (Renault Twingo fyi, I'm in France), picked up the weatherstrip I clamped instead of glueing. Work very well, doors are super easy to close now! I had MSA weatherstrip, it went to the garbage, way to thick for my application (72 240z) ;)

I agree with the other comments about Black Dragons crappiness. If they were the last woman on earth, I still wouldn't...

fastzcars recommended this McMaster-carr part number to me: 1120A731

He said 25 ft for both doors, I measured more like 27. I haven't bought any yet to try it though.

Found a work-around today; FC RX-7 door seals will fit quite well, they'll need to be trimmed about 2" at either end. The portion that goes under the bottom sill hold-down plate will have to be re-used from your old seals to fill in the gap. I cut out a section of my old seals that was in the best shape and used that.

Works quite well, and it was a 1/2 hour trip to the JY, and $14 out the door!

The Latest update from our weatherstrip vendor is that we will have the kits in stock in 2 weeks.

Michael

Motorsport Auto

I just tried to fit the motorsport auto weather strip I bought. I usually like the products from motorsport, and I am also just happy that someone is making parts for our old z's. But the w/s did not even remotely fit, and was incomplete. (they are now apparantly a two part seal, not the one continous as was original). I am trying to straighten it out and get parts that will work, hopefully sooner rather than later as it is holding up the interior install. When I called I was assured they were the listed parts for my 74 260 2+2, but it would require major mods and some other pieces to make them work.