HybridZ

Some of my new tools and equipment.

xxjoeyxxeb

Hey guys,

Well I'll tell you the story of how this happened. I came home from class and my roomate said an older lady stopped by and she said she tutors a 7 yr old boy who really likes cars and saw my 280 and 260 in the garage/driveway. I got in touch with her and agreed to have them over to show them my messy garage.

We talked for a while and she ended up telling me about her husband who is not able to stay at home anymore, and that he was a machinist and fabricator and had some tools, and asked if I wanted to take a look. I said " Well I highly doubt I can afford much right now being in college and the middle of an engine build" so she said, "Well my husband was a very giving and kind person and I'm sure he would love to help a Cal Poly student, so I'll just give you them"

So I saw sure, I'll check it out.... well to stop boring you guys... here's what I got... for FREE. (and we moved it all in on my birthday)

Drill PressDSCF3841.JPG

Lathe

DSCF3859.JPG

Mill

DSCF3854.JPG

Scroll Saw

DSCF3856.JPG

Sander

DSCF3853.JPG

Router and Drill

DSCF3868.JPG

Bench made for Lathe

DSCF3842.JPG

Inside 1 drawer on Bench

DSCF3843.JPG

Accesories

DSCF3847.JPG

DSCF3861.JPG

DSCF3867.JPG

DSCF3870.JPG

DSCF3871.JPG

DSCF3874.JPG

DSCF3872.JPG

DSCF3848.JPG

I think thats good for now... Didn't want to waste your time with all the accessories and stuff. But I'm happy. And I also got to put 2 coats of paint on my engine bay, and should have the newly rebuilt turbo motor back soon!

congrats! take care of the stuff and be sure to visit the old lady and help out occasionally in return for the HUNDREDS of dollars in equipment

Yes, I agree. Make sure to check with her on a regular basis to see if she needs help on anything that needs to be done. She may not have children of her own that live in the area.

Thanks guys,

Yes I am keeping in touch with her. She will be giving some more stuff to Habitat for Humanity, so once that stuff is done I am going to help her rearrange and clean up her garage. Also, I told her to bring her student over when my car is running. I am going to take her out to a nice dinner with my girlfriend sometime.

congrats! take care of the stuff and be sure to visit the old lady and help out occasionally in return for the HUNDREDS of dollars in equipment

I was going to say the same thing but if you were more northern I was going to suggest shoveling her driveway for her, but thats not so much of an issue in Cali as it is here :D

Great score, VERY generous woman. Send her a christmas card and such. Older people really appreciate those little things.

Most likely she and her husband will appreciate your friendship to a greater extent than anything you can make them. Stop by, say hello, chat for a minute, and stop back by again. They will value it far more than you will ever know.

John

Hey Joey whats your major and year? A good friend of mine is a Construction Management Major Senior, and have visited him a couple of times. I've only seen one or 2 z's in Slo county my entire life. And I've been going since I was little. Next time I'm that way I'll have to hit you up.