HybridZ

Done with new turbo install and external wastegate fab work

wigenOut-S30

Ok, Finally just about all done with my new turbo and external wastegate setup. Only thing I have left to get the car going is a fitting for the oil feed, paint my exhaust manifold, downpipe and dump tube with techline , add oil and start tuning..

3in_exhaust_0171.jpg

3in_exhaust_006.jpg

3in_exhaust_008.jpg

3in_exhaust_010.jpg

3in_exhaust_015.jpg

This is what I came up with for the oil feed line. I took the stock distribution block and a steel -4AN fitting to a friend and had him tig them.

3in_exhaust_003.jpg

***UPDATE***

I just got done putting the techline coating on everything.. take a look.

techline_coating_002.jpg

techline_coating_005.jpg

techline_coating_008.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have about 1000 miles on everything since I put it all back together. So far so good on the heat coatings. That oil feed did NOT work.. It hit the block.. I went with a aftermarket piece that has BSP to NPT and was done with it.. Im hitting the dyno up tomorrow for a local dyno day.. we will see how she goes..

• 2 months later...

Any status updates on the WG design and the coatings Gabe?

I'm curious as to the need to put an additional support on the wastegate since it's hanging so far out. Have you had any issues so far? (any roughly how many miles on it now?)

Any status updates on the WG design and the coatings Gabe?

I'm curious as to the need to put an additional support on the wastegate since it's hanging so far out. Have you had any issues so far? (any roughly how many miles on it now?)

So far so good on the WG setup. The coatings do show some wear on the hottest points of where it was applied. As far as the welds and everything.. They are holding up great! I think I have around 3k or so miles on this setup and it all seems to be doing well accept the turbo which I had to send back.

• 1 month later...